Where can you find the discontinued Z Vex Volume Probe ?

Soulgolem

• Members

i don't recommend that pedal. the materials used to make the antenna pad sticky have a chemical reaction over time with the vinyl in the wire coating and eventually the things get all slimy and unravel. that's why they are so rare and that's why i discontinued them very very quickly. it's kinda like the the gizmotron... fun idea, but it just didn't work because of the materials.

• Members

the next question that usually pops up is "can't you modify the tremolo probe to go in the other direction?" and my answer to this is that the tremolo probe is by far and away the least popular of my effects, and re-engineering it would take too much time away from more pressing projects.

the only reason i don't discontinue it as well is that i personally like the thing. recording engineers buy that pedal for dynamics control, for re-recording tracks with in-time trem and swell effects that are much prettier and faster than can be done with a fader.

• Members

uuu004.jpg

and for annoying fans to collect. actually, underground in south korea ordered 2 6 years ago. i got one, and the other one went to Korea's biggest soundtrack guitarist, who happens to play alot of classical. so there you go, zvex in the movies.

• Members

I have to say that the Tremolo Probe is a fun effect to use. I've had mine for a few months and use it for volume swells, and volume pedal like sounds. It works for me that way. I have a hard time keeping a consistent tempo with my foot for tremolo so i don't use it much for that...but you can do some cool stuff with it.

Archived