AMT dist station clip

Rid

• Members

Nicely done, Rid!

I notice you used the Marshall DRP-1 - weren't you or someone else at Carl Martin working on some kind of direct recording preamp?

If so, how's that coming along?

Also - doesn't the Distation have it's own speaker sim built in? Do you prefer the Marshall?

Cheers

• Members

Thanks, yep we are working on one, and it is taking bloody forever, sometimes I just think we are on too many projects...:eek: hehe

Well It is actually almost done now, but the guy who is making it has a dayjob and a family to care of, so adding up the time gets tight sometimes.

The Dist station, well I use all three sims, I like it best for recording, on a real amp it gets that slightly flat 9v feel as I call it, I am spoiled by our own +-12v pedals;)

• Members

So which one do you prefer among these:

Tweed, British, CAlifornia?

Personally I felt British was heavier than a real Marshall

and California smoother than Real Mesa/Boogie.

But the distortions on their own are awesome.

My experience is based on Individual pedals.

Dunno if this gives same tone as those Individual AMT pedals.

+ I would have loved to have the Metallizer also on DistStation and DistMachine.

• Members

I like them all, no useless sims there.

I think it likes an amp of sorts to really sound good, I love for homerecording, my Marshall DRP-1 is set for clean, pretty neutral and with as much volume as possible without any clipping, that way I can dial in quite convincing sounds, met Sergey at Frankfurt this year, and bought the pedal off him, very nice person, liked all of his stuff, very fun indeed!

• Members

Rid - good to hear the direct recording unit is still being worked on.

And yeah, love the Carl Martin built in power supply. I have the parametric eq & can't live without it.

Also had a PlexiTone I regret selling & will have to get another at some point.

Cheers

• Members

Originally posted by Rid

Someday that thing will be ready..lol

And then it will be outdated;)

I am being optimistic eh??

Heheh...

Hey - a great design will stand the test of time. The sansamp stuff, for example.

Had a GT-2 that served me well for a coupla years, but since tastes change over time, so does our gear.

Regardless, I look forward to anything carl martin develops.

Cheers

Archived