DC Brick

D-drone

• Members

Looking at grabbing one of these in the US for use in New Zealand, all the power here is 240v.

Will the brick work over here if I simply just buy a new power cord, I assume they take PC style cords (like amps) or something different like an ac adaptor. If it still requires a boss style ac adaptor there's obviously very little point in purchasing it.

Many thanks for your help!

• Members

Actually the DC brick can be used with voltage of anywhere from 100 to 240V. You would just need a plug adapter to make it fit your outlet (well if New Zealand has different outlets than the US). The actual brick part is actually little more than a "daisy chain" run off of an 18v power supply that is rated for 100-240V use, which is relegated down to 9V for most of the brick's outputs.

• Members

The power supply is your standard looking wallwart like your standard boss power supply, so the input is your regular barrel type one. It sounds like you want to provide your own power supply? If that's the case, why not just get yourself a daisy chain and save $$$?

• Members

Yeah I've got a daisy chain and boss adapter but I thought the brick might be a better idea but from what I you're saying I'd need the adapter regardless? - They're expensive here, around $20US. Its only to power 6 pedals, nothing too heavy.
Out of interest (I don't have any but may later) does the brick power EH pedals?

• Members
Originally posted by D-drone

Yeah I've got a daisy chain and boss adapter but I thought the brick might be a better idea but from what I you're saying I'd need the adapter regardless? - They're expensive here, around $20US. Its only to power 6 pedals, nothing too heavy.

Out of interest (I don't have any but may later) does the brick power EH pedals?

If you have the daisy chain and the BOSS adapter...it is essentially the same as the Brick. The Brick takes a +18vdc wall wart and distributes the power to 9vdc outlets on the front...couldn't find the little diagram on the PS or the unit but I assume that means center negative and fits a BOSS style plug...the Brick has three ports on the side for 18vdc and would power the 1/8"(3.5mm) plugs that EH uses just becareful to watch the polarity...but if you buy the Brick new, all of those types of cables come with...have fun!

:cool:

Archived