Why don't you use your amp's effects loop ?

wro

• Members

I prefer everything into the front. Makes for an easier gig setup, and my personal opinion is an effect is merely a tone shaper that goes between the guitar and amp. Besides, over the years I've had several amps without a loop, so it's easier to judge everything by going in the front on any amp I've owned.

• Members

depends what distortion and effects I'm using. If I'm using the amp's distortion and a delay pedal, the delay will sound like crap switching between clean and distorted channels unless it's running through the loop. Same with chorus effects. Stuff like distortion boxes, wah, etc..can be run direct.

• Members

Simplicity reasons. My amp is single channel and I have a fairly simple pedal setup that all sound great going in the front end. I'd find it a pain to run the delay through the loop but as it sounds so good without the loop I don't need to.

• Members

i have already too much cables, another two for the loop and my band mates would kill me for the obstacles i make in the rehearsal room.

one way could be for me, to have a modulation board and a dirt board. two powersupplies on both (means another pedalpower 2), and work with seperate boards.

the time might come, but for now we need to play more and gig more instead of messing around with the setup all the time

• Members

i have a couple of pedals that can't accept the FX level out - so load them through the front.

it also means you don't have to tweak as much, nor that the slightest change may ruin your "perfect sound."

there's more "wiggle room" when loading effects through the front.

Archived