Cab wiring?

(((echo)))

• Members

I'm selling my Bassman and was checking the speakers on the 2x15 cab.. when I removed the bottom one it disconnected before I could see which wire went where. I wired it back up like the other speaker but before i fire it up I want to make sure I didn't do it wrong and blow up the amp before I sell it :freak:

On the still connected speaker the white wire was connected to a terminal that had a red dot painted next to it.. I assume this means positive, though I would've thought that would be the black wire. I hooked up the disconnected speaker the same way but I'm unsure if this is correct :confused:

• Members

If you want to check to see if you speakers are wired "in phase" with each other, you can use a 9V battery. Apply it to the speaker cable and watch the cones. If they move the same way at the same time, they are in phase and you should be OK. If you're checking to see if you've wired it in series or parallel correctly, refer to the diagrams linked in the previoius post.

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

then each speaker should have 2 wires for it. one white, one black. just hook up the speaker that was unhooked the same way as the other one. your speakers should be in parallel giving you 4 ohms.

that's exactly what I did.. I just wanted to be sure it was hooked up right before firing it back up

thanks! :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

I'm selling my Bassman and was checking the speakers on the 2x15 cab.. when I removed the bottom one it disconnected before I could see which wire went where. I wired it back up like the other speaker but before i fire it up I want to make sure I didn't do it wrong and blow up the amp before I sell it
:freak:

On the still connected speaker the white wire was connected to a terminal that had a red dot painted next to it.. I assume this means positive, though I would've thought that would be the black wire. I hooked up the disconnected speaker the same way but I'm unsure if this is correct
:confused:

black is ordinarily - in that scenerio.

Archived