What style of music do you play?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really have a style- so I can be put under the label of "alternative"

My style is a combination of a lot of different alternative subcultures and my own particular feel that I add to it.

My pedals are used for their tonal properties, although I bought some of them more for fun- like my ring mod.

• Members
Originally posted by dcooper830

I play in a country rock cover band. We do stuff like Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, "Sweet Home Alabama", "Keep your hands to yourself" "Mustang Sally"

We also do a lot of rock: "Jump" "Man In a Box" "Here I go Again"

We also do a lot of funk and R & B - "Brick House" "Superfreak" "Shake Your Booty" "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone"

As much as I HATE playing "Mustang Sally" ... it fills up the dance floor EVERY time....
:rolleyes:

Haha sounds like the music my dad plays. Neon Moon... always a good one.

• Members

very interesting for a guy that once said that the "music" sucked,but alas, what irony...well I guess, its the music I play so its sorta like a personal thing to me now.

I use ethereal phaser and delay combo at one point which was nice and serence.
I think I bought some mid-fi and effector 13 fuzz to like add my own crazy personality to it. + a fuzz factory (not as main fuzz)

• Members

My band is a trio of guys in their 40's and we play original material. The style is somewhere between Bowie, Black Sabbath, Peter Murphy, QOTSA, Beatles and Stones, I guess it's some kind of dark hard rock- indie, stoner, grunge, goth, classic whatever rock.

• Members
Originally posted by bennoodle

What do you use your effects for?

Just to get a really 'good' tone?

or to get crazy sounds?

I'm really into making my guitar sound really psychedelic, which is obviously why i like effects, what about you lot?

if i only knew... :rolleyes:

well honestly i am after my own sound. as many are. but i really like gilmours guitar sound.. i can hear him playing everytime. it has just this little "something".
i only wished i could play like him....

bu there is also neil young who reminds me i should also use my amps overdrive more lately.. so i also do that now.

in the end.. i was told my music is something that is called "krautrock" with my old band. my newer band is a little more focused but even there we are mixing white stripes and mogwai in one song and the strokes with interpol or nice piano intro into a very typical punk-rock song...

but if i play alone i love that neil young tone with a bit of gilmoure and lots of delay.

• Members
Originally posted by jackpotjewell

This sounds really cool. I would like to hear it.

listen to the album "drum's not dead" by liars. the description sounds exactly like that album

i play indie rock or power pop, the beatles are the biggest influence, but i try to use different harmonies, somewhere between debussy and gershwin :rolleyes::D i don't use much effects lately, but if i do, it's more in "the freak-out way"

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

560894215_l2.jpg

LOL good one .. inscho .. i'll donate some of my blk genes, just for the cause...

My type of music is a mix of what indie and experimental ambient and some noise ..

think tv on the radio , mixed w/ arcade fire and godspeed you BLAKC emperor .. ..

• Members

In Pulsar47 we play ambient/rock/psychedelic/drone/improv/instrumental music. Fun stuff. Usually we are a 7 to 8 piece band including 3 guitars, bass, 2 keyboards, drums, laptops, loopers, and cello (sometimes violin).

In PSR47 its usually a duo playing improv/psychedelic/ambient washes of loops with samples and albums that are created in one take, and flow between each song.

clips in sig if interested. :thu:

Archived