Best Phaser/swirl Pedal Under $50 New?

tocs100

• Members

+1000 on the Chicken Salad. An amazing pedal for the money. Very psych. It knocked a small stone off my board immediately after it's arrival.

I'm actually offloading mine (and that's no spam, cause I live in NZ), but only cause I now have a v. cool pearl phaser that can cop nice asymmetric swirl tones and I snagged it for next to nothing.

• Members

Originally posted by tocs100

I MIGHT consider $100 for a Zoom G2 IF it can do both a good phaser and a good tremelo. Any testimonials?

I agree the trem is pretty good. I'm not crazy about the phaser. The sound is ok but the controls aren't very flexible. The three knobs control speed, position before or after gain and 4 different color settings which seem to be variations on depth and wave shape. None of the color settings seem quite right to me, though I might just be spoiled by my Red Witch.

The delays, reverb and most of the modulations on the G2 are pretty good. The drive sounds are so-so, some are ok with a bit of tweeking. There's a good amount of EQ options, NR, comp, tuner. It's a good little box to just pick up and go.

• Members

out of those i'd go with the DOD vibrothang, but the G2 doesn't seem to be a bad choice.

the phaser is in a seperate section as the vibrato, so you can use them both at once, and with the arrm controlling volume, you can do tremolo, vibe, and phase all at once... not to mention you have plenty of patches to choose from instead of being stuck with one setting during live use.

the tremolo and vibe are great, but i'd have to agree with ritalincupcake about the phaser. if one of the four color settings is to your liking then you're good to go, but if not you're stuck.

... and if i were you i'd definetely consider looking at used pedals.

• Members
Originally posted by tocs100

LMAO, yeah it keeps getting pushed aside for other stuff. And then there's the EH Nano/avalanche-of-used Small Stones....

lol well for my part I twelf'd the chicken salad. great pedal. for the price you could buy that and a tuna melt too :)

• Members

I have a Zoom G2 and a Behringer VP1.

I absolutely hate the phaser on the G2.. and that's one of the main reasons I bought it. The trem is real good, though.

I love the Behringer VP1. I don't hear any signal bleeding through when bypassed. I put mine before distortion and get some great Gilmour tones. I keep the rate at about 7. Sounds great for leads and does the "Breathe" thing pretty well. Doesn't nail that Uni-Vibe sound completely, but it does a great job live.

I'm going to rehouse mine pretty soon. The box is way too big and clumsy for that pedal.

Archived