D*A*M Ram Head clip

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

What guitar and amp did you use? That D.A.M. pedal sounds great.

For that DAM clip, a Charvel EVH, Boss Keeley modded DD-3 and a Mojave Peacemaker amp, set low volume and clean.

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

A little Montrose.

Top 7 clips are just put up. Some ICBM, Parachute wah, etc.

In my sig

I like the sound a lot, I didn't realize those older Muffs (which is what that pedal is based on) have more of a hard-sounding overdrive rather than a fuzz, but still has that Big Muff heft. I'm gonna have to look at one of those.

You're a great player too.

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

I like the sound a lot, I didn't realize those older Muffs (which is what that pedal is based on) have more of a hard-sounding overdrive rather than a fuzz, but still has that Big Muff heft. I'm gonna have to look at one of those.

You're a great player too.

Thanks. Yes, the Ram Head isnt an overly saturated wall of fuzz.

It sounds great on old Montrose stuff!

I got about 4 other Muff clones too, all cool at certain things.

• Members

i had a Ram Head for a while and it sounded great. It sounded even better when boosted with the ZIM. Currently, I'm using the Skreddy Top Fuel and it's just as good as the Ram Head, it just has a bit more gain available and is not quite as vintage sounding. I'll probably get another Ram Head in the future, as it's different enough to justify having both on my board.

• Members

Originally posted by agentcooper2001

i had a Ram Head for a while and it sounded great. It sounded even better when boosted with the ZIM. Currently, I'm using the Skreddy Top Fuel and it's just as good as the Ram Head, it just has a bit more gain available and is not quite as vintage sounding. I'll probably get another Ram Head in the future, as it's different enough to justify having both on my board.

Got a Skreddy Ernie. A great fuzz.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

I'd love an Ernie now. Course I was rather indifferent when you could actually get them..
:o

Which of the muff clone that you have is most 'wall fo fuzz'? (I could go through your clips, but I'm on dial-up man, I'd take hours
:D
)

I got the Ernie up FS at the HC Classifieds, but big $$ cause it's #1, the proto.

Most wall of fuzz Muff, IMO is the Everman Ultra-Drive. It's a wall....it has a Filter to scoop the sound, as well as a Tone control and an internal adjustment for diff cap values.

• Members

That first Montrose album does have some really good tones, pretty much Big Muff all the way through. Your clip seems to nail that sound, though I think you were using a bit too much delay! :)

I've got a Ram Head coming soon and I'm really looking forward to it.

Archived