Californian forumites

sub rosa

• Members

I'm gonna be in LA for 3 weeks this summer. Are there any good websites with live music listings i could check out?

LA Weekly's website lists EVERYTHING.

In addition to the clubs listed, you should check out

THE ECHO

SPACELAND

THE KNITTING FACTORY

THE AVALON

and the wildly underappreciated LARGO.

(If you can see Jon Brion at Largo, don't miss it. I'll Paypal you a refund if your mind isn't blown. Seriously.)

I give a +1 to the TROUBADOR and HENRY FONDA/MUSIC BOX, but I'm not rawk/metal fan, so the Sunset Strip action is a no-go, personally. The Roxy/Whisky/Viper, et al... Bleh. But whatever your tastes, LA has something for you. Enjoy!

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

I'm gonna be in LA for 3 weeks this summer. Are there any good websites with live music listings i could check out?

THE ECHO

SPACELAND

THE KNITTING FACTORY

THE AVALON

and the wildly underappreciated LARGO.

Can't believe I forgot those - good venues all.

Crooked Fingers at the Knitting Factory last year was one of the best shows I've ever seen (and I'm old, so I've seen some good shows).

• Members

Check out Real Gutiars in San Francisco.

Seriously, it's a great little shop... Good enough for Joe Satriani :thu: Seriously though, last time I was in there they have 3 of his guitars getting ready to be worked on, and on weekends there's a chance you'll catch him.

And if he's not there, there's great vintage guitars, amps, and a buncha effects. Great store! If you go, see if Heath is there, and if he is, tell him Ryan sent you :thu:

Archived