CLIPS!!! GuyaGuy Gets Better at Mixing, Yo! Fans of Mogwai Low and Radiohead Rejoice!

GuyaGuy

• Members
Originally posted by Hessian

This is some great stuff, man.

thanks!

Originally posted by mumford

Pretty cool stuff. You may want to drink more coffee though.
I have to say that the organ sound on Dream-whatever sounded like 60Hz hum through my computer speakers. Overall, cool stuff.

but i drink a pot a day just to have the small burst of energy you hear on those tracks. :(

that's my YAMAHA 60HZHUM all analog keyboard. it also does a great fluorescent light buzz!

• Members
Originally posted by vanguard

why should fans of radiohead and low rejoice exactly?

becaue they don't have to listen to pulp. :p

Originally posted by JeffreyC

Good stuff Guyaguy! Me likey.
:thu:

me likey that you likey! :idea:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

becaue they don't have to listen to pulp.
:p

me likey that you likey!
:idea:

just seems a bit lofty and masturbratory to not only compare yourself to such bands, but assume that fans will rejoice over your version.

• Members

just seems a bit lofty and masturbratory to not only compare yourself to such bands, but assume that fans will rejoice over your version.

my friend, I am pretty sure it was a joke.

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

my friend, I am pretty sure it was a joke.

you're probably right, i just get so annoyed at local bands around here saying, "if you like....(probably radiohead).....than you'll like us..." i hope he was just playing on this sort of ridiculousness.

• Members

you're probably right, i just get so annoyed at local bands around here saying, "if you like....(probably radiohead).....than you'll like us..." i hope he was just playing on this sort of ridiculousness.

yes.

unless otherwise stated pretty much everything i write you can assume is tongue-in-cheek.

and i don't mean butt.

for all i know the music sounds more like sabbath and nick drake.

in any case it's not just local bands. i've seen that on CDs by appleseed cast ("if you like radiohead...") or pelican ("...isis, gy!be...") etc.

Archived