Check out the Clips - Tone Factor Nebula Phase Shifter

BR4D

• Members

Here are a few clips of the new Nebula that is coming out next week. They're all done on a clean Fender DRRI. Courteousy of my friend Danny V.

Nebula 1 - 2:00, Strat, neck position, w/ Delay & Reverb

Nebula 2 - 3:00, w/ Skreddy Screwdriver, Delay & Reverb, Strat, Neck position

Nebula 3 - Full On, Clean, Delay & Reverb, Strat, Neck

Nebula 4 - 3:30, Clean, Delay & Reverb, Strat, Neck

Nebula 5 - 3:00, SCOD, Delay & Rev, Strat, 4th Postion

Nebula 6- 12:00 Dry, Strat, Neck

Nebula 7 -2:00 Dry, Strat, Neck

Nebula 8 -3:00 Dry, Strat, Neck

Nebula 9 - 3:30 Dry, Strat, Neck

Nebula 10 - Knob - Starts @ 12:00, swept to Full On with harmonics, then swept back to 12:00, then back to full, Start, Middle position

Nebula 10 - 2:30, SCOD, Les Paul, Neck, w/ Delay & Reverb.

• Members

Brad -

Only my opinion, but it seems way too subtle - as in not enough depth or swirl to the phasing. On a few of the clips, I could have confused it with tremolo.

Not sure if that is 'correctable' with a knob since I don't know the control layout.

All IMO, respectfully...

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

Only my opinion, but it seems way too subtle

That's cool, no offense taken at all. That's kind of the deal with a two stage phaser. They're intentionally more subtle than a 4 stage (or higher). It won't do space ship sounds or anything like that, just a nice subtle phase shift.

I would defnitely tell someone to look elsewhere if they want a very prominent, over-powering phaser. Cuz this ain't it. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by 48729zjd

Will they be offered in Donner boxes?

Not initially, but I'm not ruling anything out. I'd love to work with Donner again if he's up for it.

• Members
Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

2-stage phasers are subtle. They do serve well in live settings though because sometimes with deeper phase, you can get lost in the mix.

It wont be for everyone but nothing is. cheers, Brad

• Members

I really like the sound of the phase, the look of the box and am always a big fan of one nob jobbies.

The only thing I hear that I don't like is the amount of clarity in the treble frequencies, almost makes it sound fake or that there are some added frequencies... besides that, great new addition Brad!

-TJK

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

Brad -

Only my opinion, but it seems way too subtle - as in not enough depth or swirl to the phasing. On a few of the clips, I could have confused it with tremolo.

Not sure if that is 'correctable' with a knob since I don't know the control layout.

All IMO, respectfully...

that's what I like about it, I mean there are tons of Phasers that do wild, swoooshie, and chewie, but none that I know of, in current production, that do subtle, and watery. I'm lookin' forward to it!

Archived