Fav od/dist pedal?

• Members
Originally posted by Inazone

It gets some weird looks, but combined with a tube power amp and decent EQ, it cuts through very nicely in a two-guitar metal band. It has a combined chorus/reverb/delay preset that sounds great for cleans and distorted leads. Clearly not for everyone though.

Sounds like it's working well for you.:cool:
I could only ever get one sound out of it that i thought was ok. It could have been my ineptitude rather than any fault of the pedal.:o

• Members

Originally posted by gorillafart33

what about pedals with tubes?

very overated, i haven't tried one that blew me away. The Tonebone's are probably the best i've tried and are cool but not THAT great, i think some modded boss pedals sound better IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by Big Boss Man

I use a Keeley SD-1 right now. It's a good pedal, but I'm sure I'll come across something else I like better eventually.

Had a Keeley SD-1, but found that he didn't really correct the low-end loss inherent to the TubeScreamer pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

very overated, i haven't tried one that blew me away. The Tonebone's are probably the best i've tried and are cool but not THAT great, i think some modded boss pedals sound better IMO.

do any of the tube ODs have a phone or line out? that would be a good reason to have one

• Members

Originally posted by theraygun

Had a Keeley SD-1, but found that he didn't really correct the low-end loss inherent to the TubeScreamer pedals.

is the keeley sd-1 an improvement in tone over the regular ts808ri and maxon od808?

I'm looking at getting one with the push pull pot for assymetrical/symmetrical clipping, but if it sounds anything like a regular TS9 i don't want anything to do with it

• Members
Originally posted by Picassochild

I have one made by Michael!!! I think it was first NoiseSwash in Russia! He's great guy!!!

Yeah the one he made for you he's making for me ... same mods etc ... he showed me a pic of the one he made for you - how do you like it? :cool:

Archived