WC - USA vs Czech Republic

• Members
Originally posted by aeroslepperin

i'm hoping to catch replays tonight. not sure what channel to check for. i know the spanish channels definitely re-air the games later on...but my father said he caught a few games in english the other night...

Cool ... try and catch them if ya can ... it's been a great WC so far with fantastic games and goals. :thu:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by crankit

I'm very much a fan and supporter of the American team. I attended all the games at the Silverdome in 94. I coached for over 13 years and my son played for a select team that toured Austria, Germany and Italy.

Sorry about the coaches remarks. I definitely do not share in his remarks. I hope we have a good series and best of luck to you guys down under.
:thu:

Too bad the team isn't even a shadow of the team that played for the USA four years ago.

Ok, I'm going away to be cry about the result. Still, I'll continue to root for the US team and of course England...who's going to win it this year!

• Members

Originally posted by DanielGassie

Too bad the team isn't even a shadow of the team that played for the USA four years ago.

Ok, I'm going away to be cry about the result. Still, I'll continue to root for the US team and of course England...who's going to win it this year!

There are some very strong teams. Right now I wouldn't chance a guess at who will win. There's alot of football to be played.

• Members

There are some incredible teams who have LOST games so far ... did anybody catch the Ivory Coast game ... oh man - what a team they got too -

Netherlands
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
Czech Republic
Italy
England

These will be the really tough sides ...

I'm adding Australia to that list as a dark horse.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Have you been able to see any highlights yet?

BTW* Italy are playing Ghana in about 10 mins ... that is going to be an incredible game!!!!

TV ON AT WORK....
Here we go again.
Great result this morning.....
I believe I called it AND Cahill AND the ref......Great Jap goal eh?
:wave: :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

TV ON AT WORK....

Here we go again.

Great result this morning.....

I believe I called it AND Cahill AND the ref......Great Jap goal eh?

:wave:
:wave:

Go and check on the OZ - Japan thread ... yeah I called it on Cahill and Aloisi also ... Kewell didn't have a bad game but he was being played out of position - so was Emerton too.

As for the Ref ... well what happens when you go to a 3rd world country most of the time? You get robbed ... that's what the ref did with that pathetic decision - it was a clear foul and obstruction of Shwartzer! :mad:

But we got our justice! .... what about that last goal from Aloisi?! :eek:

• Members

Go and check on the OZ - Japan thread ... yeah I called it on Cahill and Aloisi also ... Kewell didn't have a bad game but he was being played out of position - so was Emerton too.

As for the Ref ... well what happens when you go to a 3rd world country most of the time? You get robbed ... that's what the ref did with that pathetic decision - it was a clear foul and obstruction of Shwartzer!
:mad:

But we got our justice! .... what about that last goal from Aloisi?!
:eek:

SUPERB GAME!
SUPERB RESULT.
EXCELLENT....
Showed Sweden how to do it!
:wave: :wave:

• Members

As for the Ref ... well what happens when you go to a 3rd world country most of the time? You get robbed ... that's what the ref did with that pathetic decision - it was a clear foul and obstruction of Shwartzer!
:mad:

But we got our justice! .... what about that last goal from Aloisi?!
:eek:

Ironic isn't it?

Them bitching it up before the game to sway the ref against Oz "rough tactics", and then it's their players who take out our keeper.:mad:

You damn right Oz deserved to win, on skill and non-BS tactics.

We could have called them blubber-eating, karioke-singing arse-harpooners before the game...but we were far too gentlemanly.:D

The USA were sad...they don't seem to care, and that should be a prerequisite to get into a WC.:(

• Members

Not the way I wanted to start out. Luckily the Mavs are kicking ass so I can just enjoy the other WC games and if the US ends up advancing it will just be a pleasant surprise. From what I caught of the game at lunch, we fell flat. Reminds me of our Basketball team in the last Olympic Games.

• Members
Originally posted by crankit

One of the biggest problems is we don't have the competition level within our own country. To get that, we would have to constantly travel to South America, Europe, Japan, Australia,etc and the cost is too great. We don't have the financial backing in this country. Soccer is not considered a national sport and probably won't be for quite some time. I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime. Truly sad.

Barcelona are touring the USA in August....
I will let you know the dates soon-ish!
Shame about today....Hopefully they will learn/remember that to score, the ball must go forward. DeMarcus and Convey bottled it BIG time today!
Come on USA...I need this sport to catch on.
:( :(

Archived