What's that pedal that 'fattens' up your tone?

d0zerz

• Members

Originally posted by b_man911

now thats an interesting one. if you get a chance, tell us more about your settings. i have an af-9 too, and id like to try it. thanks

I think the setting I use to warm up my sound is sensitivity at zero, peak about halfway or so, the first two switches all up and the third one down.

I also set it up with the switches middle, down and up (I think) to give it a nice treble boost to cut through for solos and stuff. Almost makes it sound like an octavia.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

I think the setting I use to warm up my sound is sensitivity at zero, peak about halfway or so, the first two switches all up and the third one down.

I also set it up with the switches middle, down and up (I think) to give it a nice treble boost to cut through for solos and stuff. Almost makes it sound like an octavia.

cool, ill give it a shot. thanks!

• Members

The pedal I've heard cited most often to do that is the DOD BiFet preamp. Fattens at unity gain, but I turn the gain knob up half-way (about +5dB) to get a better signal-to-noise-ratio. It just makes you sound like you installed better pick-ups! (I never use the tone knob either; it's voiced too low or high for my tastes.)

• Members

If you think the fat boost is the way to go- go to Generalguitargadgets.com and build a mini booster- you can build it identically to the fat boost o make other improvments. I'd say klon is the ultimate clean boost fattener....but it's got a price tag that is too high for most people.

Archived