Chorus Pedal - WOW!

• Members

I just got the Retro Sonic Chorus pedal designed after a CE-1 (which I have never heard)

WOW! I am amazed at how close it sounds like my JC120 amp when I compare side by side! this is a great pedal!

I have had a Meistersinger for about a year. No offense to Jacques, but this one is so close to the JC120 sound in a pedal.

I have tried so many chorus pedals and I don't know where to start..

Check this one out sometime if your looking for as close to a the Roland sound that is being currently reproduced in a pedal...

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

It is mono out only right? I would love to try one if it had a stereo option.

Even though digital modelers are apparently evil around here, the Boss CE-20 does have a CE-1 mode and has stereo outs. Might be worth trying since it also has the benefit of tone controls. I have a CE-20 and it does a really good analog representation - so much so that it kicked my modded small clone off my board.

• Members
Originally posted by dopey1978

Even though digital modelers are apparently evil around here, the Boss CE-20 does have a CE-1 mode and has stereo outs. Might be worth trying since it also has the benefit of tone controls. I have a CE-20 and it does a really good analog representation - so much so that it kicked my modded small clone off my board.

I have tried the CE-20 and I dunno. I prefer to keep it analog. I am quite happy with my Choralflange. It does all I want from a chorus. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

I have tried the CE-20 and I dunno. I prefer to keep it analog. I am quite happy with my Choralflange. It does all I want from a chorus.
:)

That's cool... it's just an option if you're looking for the "CE-1 sound" with stereo outputs. There aren't many options out there...

• Members
Originally posted by chu2

Argh!!

How dare ye promote Digital modeling in the Holy Grail of Analog!

Leave this place, Satan, or I'll call the inquisitors!
:mad:

Ooh... have you heard how a Line 6 Distortion Modeler just nails a vintage fuzz face? Or how the Line 6 MM4 has the perfect Univibe model? Or how the Line 6 delay will just cream your Space Echo???

I was just saying it was an option... that's all. Believe it or not some digital modelers are decent - although it depends on the application.

• Members

Hey now! I have NOTHING against digital. I think that the Line6 Space Chorus is great! I would use that if it had a mix knob on it. Majority of the time, I am running my board through a pair of old Johnson J-Stations set to BlackFace for amp/speaker sim. And that is exactly why I said I prefer it to have stereo outs. I go stereo out from my Choralflange into the J-Stations and then into a TC Electronic D-Two and M-One. So I am by no means an analog snob! Just stating my preference! :D

• Members

Ooh... have you heard how a Line 6 Distortion Modeler just nails a vintage fuzz face? Or how the Line 6 MM4 has the perfect Univibe model? Or how the Line 6 delay will just cream your Space Echo???

heres teh thing you have failed at humor.

But now that you mention it, NO, I haven't heard a Line 6 modeler "nail" any of the tones listed above. Kudos if it's true.

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

heres teh thing you have failed at humor.

But now that you mention it, NO, I haven't heard a Line 6 modeler "nail" any of the tones listed above. Kudos if it's true.

Here's the thing... you've failed at spelling & grammar. And also at detecting sarcasm.

• Members

Yes, that Retrosonic looks great. I wish it had stereo outs though as I'm putting together a stereo rig. I'll probably go balls out and get an Analogman Clone Clone with stereo option. I might even go for the model with 2 you can switch between.

taco

But, it's a different tone than the CE-1.

taco

• Members

What do you guys think of the BYOC chorus? For a botique stereo chorus, it seems relatively cheap, but for a kit, it's way expensive.

I've been looking for a chorus pedal and I don't know if I should spring for an Analog Man, a Fulltone, or this RetroSonic, or a BYOC, or a used CH1, or....

Can someone comment on the range of these pedals? I would like one that will go from a Cure-ish sound to the watery thing Cobain did.

Decisions, decisions...

c

• Members

Argh!!!!:mad:

I command you to Stop and Desist in the name of God!:mad:

• Members

That's cool... it's just an option if you're looking for the "CE-1 sound" with stereo outputs. There aren't many options out there...

The DLS Chorus~Vib is damn close to the CE-1 sound and it's stereo.

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

The DLS Chorus~Vib is damn close to the CE-1 sound and it's stereo.

It's digital, if I'm not mistaken.

The more I think about it, the more the Retrosonic looks like a good choice. Even if it is mono only. I like the idea of switching between a good quality analog chorus and vibe.

When running 2 amps, is stereo chorus really worth it?

taco

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

It's digital, if I'm not mistaken.

The more I think about it, the more the Retrosonic looks like a good choice. Even if it is mono only. I like the idea of switching between a good quality analog chorus and vibe.

When running 2 amps, is stereo chorus really worth it?

taco

It is digital, but it doesn't sound digital.

I've owned an original CE-1 and a '82 JC-120, the DLS cops those tones pretty convincingly IMO.

Running stereo out of the DLS to two amps sounds MASSIVE, FWIW...

• Members

Originally posted by Jamison

heres teh thing you have failed at detecting inside jokes

First of all, thank you, sir. Dopey's obviously new here, or he would know that my grammar and spelling is impeckabel.

Papa T, why aren't you considering the Empress Chorus? It does Vibe and Chorus, is stereo, and has a realllllllly wide range of chorus sounds happening.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

I don't understand why the Retro Sonic is mono. IIRC I heard it was a consequence of having the pedal true-bypass, but there are plenty of true bypass stereo chorus' in the market aren't there?

When the Choralflange is set to stereo, it has to be buffered output and not true bypass.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

I don't understand why the Retro Sonic is mono. IIRC I heard it was a consequence of having the pedal true-bypass, but there are plenty of true bypass stereo chorus' in the market aren't there?

would a true bypass stereo pedal takes a 4PDT?

Archived