How many of you own 7-Stringed guitars???

ZJD

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

I've got one that looks kind of like this:

EZ4750.jpg
Except mine is a gold top with maple binding.

Should I take this to the amp forum???
:freak:

i have that one too except mine is black with maple binding..i dont really play it though. schecter c-1 old school diamond series

• Members

geez, of course there is more than chugging on a 7 stringer. I used to apply the same note pattern on the high b to the low B string. I'd still hang out on the low E, but having that low B there for more possibilit ies was freeing. Also made some classical transriptions much more in depth. Chord inversions, you name it. The sky is the limit.

• Members
Originally posted by bentley

can you do anything with them other than play lower tuned metal crap? anything inventive?

georgevanepspic.jpg
This guy tuned the 7th string down a step to A

As for me - well, I don't blame the guitar :)

What bands or solo artists you guys/girls know who use 7 string guitars?

• Members

I have a C7....I do use it for metal but if anything whenever I use it, it inspires me to play much more technically so I do a lot of math-metal stuff with it. I like the extended chord voicings. I also tune the low-B to A with the rest of in standard.

• Members

i tried one, but i didn't like it. it only sounded good completely clean. if i had an overdriven sound (like i usually do with six strings), the low B (or A, depending on my mood) would sound like a trashy bass. maybe someday, i'd like to try a really nice 7 string like a Soloway....maybe...

Archived