OT: It's me and my gf's 2 year anniversary and i'm desperate for ideas

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After two years you should have decided if you want to marry her, so sell a guitar for some quick cash a buy her a engagement ring. If she loves, you she will be over the moon and say yes, if she doesn't, break up with her and find someone who does love you.

Well thats what I would do anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by krazeexharhar

We got back together again. Haha.

Ah, serial daters eh? In my book its not an anniversary, but I realize that she won't see it that way. My best friend and his GF are the same way. They had two breakups and at least 6 months when they weren't dating, but looks like they're going to make it this time around.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Ah, serial daters eh? In my book its not an anniversary, but I realize that she won't see it that way. My best friend and his GF are the same way. They had two breakups and at least 6 months when they weren't dating, but looks like they're going to make it this time around.

Man, I don't understand that {censored}. Why do people break up and then get back together right after? All you have done is placed a scar on the relationship and it'll just be the topic of your fights down the road. It makes no sense to dump someone without {censored}ing thinking about it.

Speaking from experience here.

Take her for a picnic at sunset on the beach. Spend time talking about life. I agree with the above comment.... don't try to go overboard with this now. You'll just feel like you are letting her down from here on out.

• Members

Originally posted by krazeexharhar

I have no stinkin clue what to do....it's been really long now and I've exhausted all of my ideas.

I was thinking a trip to disneyland but I wanted a hotel stay, too, but thats too expensive for me.

She's not 21 yet so we can't bar hop or anything...I barely turned 21 a month ago.

anal sex.

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

Man, I don't understand that {censored}. Why do people break up and then get back together right after? All you have done is placed a scar on the relationship and it'll just be the topic of your fights down the road. It makes no sense to dump someone without {censored}ing thinking about it.

Speaking from experience here.

Take her for a picnic at sunset on the beach. Spend time talking about life. I agree with the above comment.... don't try to go overboard with this now. You'll just feel like you are letting her down from here on out.

I think a lot of the times its couples that take fights to far and break up instead of cooling off and working it out. I've had plenty of huge fights with my gf, but every time we keep talking and calm down and eventually everything is fine. It happens, and you just have to learn how to roll with it.

• Members

Man, I don't understand that {censored}. Why do people break up and then get back together right after?

Because when people are young they don't know who they are yet ... and when YOU don't know who the hell YOU are, how the hell are you supposed to know anybody else?

So people break up ... and then get back together. It's an emotional maturity thing - many grown adults lack also.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

I think a lot of the times its couples that take fights to far and break up instead of cooling off and working it out. I've had plenty of huge fights with my gf, but every time we keep talking and calm down and eventually everything is fine. It happens, and you just have to learn how to roll with it.

This is my experience. But the girls I've been with that pulled that {censored} I cut off. Huge fights need time off. Time to cool down and think rationally.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Because when people are young they don't know who they are yet ... and when YOU don't know who the hell YOU are, how the hell are you supposed to know anybody else?

So people break up ... and then get back together. It's an emotional maturity thing - many grown adults lack also.

Yeah, the main point I was making with that question is that it's a waste of time. It only turns to {censored} anyways. When two people react irrationally, and jump to severe conclusions, there is no point in going further.

Hint, hint krazeexharhar.

• Members

Yeah, the main point I was making with that question is that it's a waste of time. It only turns to {censored} anyways. When two people react irrationally, and jump to severe conclusions, there is no point in going further.

Hint, hint krazeexharhar.

Sure and ofcourse ... but that's what comes with emotional immaturity ... it's two edged. You don't know yourself and the person your with either, then add to that fact that you lack the emotional maturity and social skills in the relationship invironment to deal with the situation rationally --- which is par for the course when your young. It a catch doubly deuce.

So most young kids just have at it and bang their heads and hearts until they figure the {censored} out for themselves - as I said earlier there are some emotional cripples who never get past that and carry on with this {censored} into adulthood and beyond. These people end up in either psychological, verbal, emotional or spousal abuse throughout their daily lives and think it's normal.

The girl I've been with for 7 years ... we never fight ... it just doesn't happen. Two people have to be on the same page to make things work.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Sure and ofcourse ... but that's what comes with emotional immaturity ... it's two edged. You don't know yourself and the person your with either, then add to that fact that you lack the emotional maturity and social skills in the relationship invironment to deal with the situation rationally --- which is par for the course when your young. It a catch doubly deuce.

So most young kids just have at it and bang their heads and hearts until they figure the {censored} out for themselves - as I said earlier there are some emtional cripples who never get past that and carry with this {censored} into adulthood and beyond. These people end up in either psychological, verbal, emtional or spousal abuse throughout their daily lives and think it's normal.

The girl I've been with for 7 years ... we never fight ... it just doesn't happen. Two people have to be on the same page to make things work.

Word.

I can attest to carrying turmoil from one relationship to another. Only led to bad things. But you live and you learn, and I've learned more about who I am from having females bring the absolute best and worst out of me than anything I've ever experienced.

I actually was with a girl I never fought with once. While fighting sucks, I think it's nice to know the other person is human, and gets pissed when you push their buttons. The occasional 5 minute bicker is okay I think. It's the persistent "{censored} you" fights that are like 50 million red flags slapping you in the face telling you to bail out.

• Members

Word.

I can attest to carrying turmoil from one relationship to another. Only led to bad things. But you live and you learn, and I've learned more about who I am from having females bring the absolute best and worst out of me than anything I've ever experienced.

I actually was with a girl I never fought with once. While fighting sucks, I think it's nice to know the other person is human, and gets pissed when you push their buttons. The occasional 5 minute bicker is okay I think. It's the persistent "{censored} you" fights that are like 50 million red flags slapping you in the face telling you to bail out.

Totally ... and that's the thing, you can't tell kids not to do it because it's really all part of the natural emotional learning process. There is a healthy version of this and an unhealthy version and sometimes people get onto the bad end of it and it can get ugly - physical abuse between people etc at a young age.

Most people however get to grips with their {censored} pretty fast and move forward either WITH that person or without them - and on to better things. Then there are the emotional retards - who can't let go and who through low self esteem allow themselves to make bad choices and sink lower and lower down the totem pole of relationships ...""yeah sure ... I'm worth nothing so beat me and cheat on me and abuse me etc etc etc" These people are {censored}ed for life! Damaged goods as we say. If you meet one and they pepper you with stories of bad past relationships ... horror story after horror story - walk away cause nothing good is coming your way!

The thing of it is in making {censored} work is not so much the fighting but the letting go and forgiving ... that's where the emotional maturity comes in! My girl and I argue from time to time ofcourse but we get it out and then let it go right away and it's instant make up and {censored} goes on as before without any angst or animosity. Every relationship has to have a safety valve but most people aren't certified to operate one safely and it frequently blows up in their faces ...

The key is forgiveness ... that and perspective!

• Members

Yeah, you have to learn how to forgive and make amends when you fight. We still fight sometimes, (especially if we've been drinking...) but we're always able to back off, chill out and work it out the next day.

You've got to fight to learn how to deal with them though. I'm not sure every person that has these problems a lot is screwed for life though. Some maybe, but eventually a lot of people grow up and figure out how to handle it.

Although looking at the divorce rate, its a pretty common problem. Lack of communication will doom any relationship. Unless you can buy a whole crapload of diamonds...

Archived