A month in Prague

gr8fuldodd

• Members

Just got back from the Czech Republic.

Seeing the US play the Czechs in the town square was amazing.

The girls are insanely hot.

However, I heard a ton of horrible music.

I saw this guy Bruno Ferrari at a club. It was ridiculous and I'm still trying to figure out if it was simply tongue in cheeck. Needless to say the guy had an opened frilly shirt and a thrown behind him.

I made a point of hitting all the music stores I could. A few had some interesting items, but mostly typical gear and effects.

I searched for a folk instrument as my souvenir. I thought it would be easy to find in Bohemia. But it was hard to find a good selection. I ended up getting a lute. Not the kind with the headstock going straight back, but more guitarish with six strings and standard guitar tuning. It's really cool looking. Hopefully I'll get a pic up soon.

I went to Budapest for a weekend and some other Czech towns like Plzen to visit the Pilsner Urquell brewery.

The beer is cheaper than water. Literally. Imagine incredible draft beer everywhere for under a dollar. Good times. But now it's back to being sober.

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

Just got back from the Czech Republic.

Seeing the US play the Czechs in the town square was amazing.

The girls are insanely hot.

However, I heard a ton of horrible music.

I saw this guy Bruno Ferrari at a club. It was ridiculous and I'm still trying to figure out if it was simply tongue in cheeck. Needless to say the guy had an opened frilly shirt and a thrown behind him.

I made a point of hitting all the music stores I could. A few had some interesting items, but mostly typical gear and effects.

I searched for a folk instrument as my souvenir. I thought it would be easy to find in Bohemia. But it was hard to find a good selection. I ended up getting a lute. Not the kind with the headstock going straight back, but more guitarish with six strings and standard guitar tuning. It's really cool looking. Hopefully I'll get a pic up soon.

I went to Budapest for a weekend and some other Czech towns like Plzen to visit the Pilsner Urquell brewery.

The beer is cheaper than water. Literally. Imagine incredible draft beer everywhere for under a dollar. Good times. But now it's back to being sober.

My man ... now, Absinthe????

• Members

That's sweet man. My Grandmother was actually born there, or close by anyways.

My wife keeps wanting to go to places like London, Paris, whatever.

If I ever make it to europe, id rather ditch her and go to pretty much anywhere else, and hunt for obscure gear, and check out some bands.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

My man ... now, Absinthe????

I was sick the whole time

so I stuck to beer

I was going to have some but many of my friends were telling me how bad it tastes and how bad the hangover was

I decided to bring back some bottles for later

so I really don't know yet

I didn't hear about any green fairies popping up though

I did hear it was knocking them on there asses

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

That's sweet man. My Grandmother was actually born there, or close by anyways.

My wife keeps wanting to go to places like London, Paris, whatever.

If I ever make it to europe, id rather ditch her and go to pretty much anywhere else, and hunt for obscure gear, and check out some bands.

I wanted to take in more local bands, but really spent most of the time seeing classical music

it was just so cheap and beautiful

about $20 to take in the symphony at a gorgeous hall

• Members

I was sick the whole time

so I stuck to beer

I was going to have some but many of my friends were telling me how bad it tastes and how bad the hangover was

I decided to bring back some bottles for later

so I really don't know yet

I didn't hear about any green fairies popping up though

I did hear it was knocking them on there asses

Sweet no problems ... what was the local music scene there like ... was there anything remotely like Avant Garde Birthday Party-esque 1930's Berlin styled debauchery going on ---???

Say YES!

• Members

Sweet no problems ... what was the local music scene there like ... was there anything remotely like Avant Garde Birthday Party-esque 1930's Berlin styled debauchery going on ---???

Say YES!

yeah, i think the Dresden Dolls are from there. ;)

it's been a few years since i was there but at that time Prague was known for jazz--lotsa jazz clubs featuring good locals and international artists.

Czech beer: some of the best anywhere. they invented the pilsner after all!

• Members

Say YES!

Yes!

but really I don't know

I wanted to see some local acts but really only saw one and it was terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.

I saw another band on television and they were even worse.

But the bars were great. Lot of cool underground catacombs with multiple rooms. Smoking a joint was not a problem and seemingly encouraged as some czech I never met handed me a j

very eclectic crowds that's what I like the best

not the pretentious scenes that I usually see

• Members

Yes!

but really I don't know

I wanted to see some local acts but really only saw one and it was terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.

I saw another band on television and they were even worse.

But the bars were great. Lot of cool underground catacombs with multiple rooms. Smoking a joint was not a problem and seemingly encouraged as some czech I never met handed me a j

very eclectic crowds that's what I like the best

not the pretentious scenes that I usually see

Ooooo sounds lovely ... I'm looking for somewhere in Euro to plant myself and my band ( Just me at the mo ) ... looking for a place just like that - I think Prague could do with another Aussie Nick Cave vibe ... perhaps I could carry on there.

I'm very curious to know what the underground art collective is like ... I like all those odd ball underground and cavern clubs ... shame you weren't able to see a bit more of the music scene ... make any lasting freinds or contacts there by the way? Oh and I LOVE Czech girls!!!!!

• Members

I'll throw up a pic of the lute soon

it's got a wierd monkey or cat head on the headstock

I want pics of the hot chics!!!
and info on how it was being an American over there...actually would it matter if you were white or brown or black American? I'm brown, would like to hear my chances of picking up some of those STD's if I went over!

:thu:

:cool:

• Members

I didn't really take pics of many chicks

when I hit the bars I wasn't carrying my camera

I believe the Dresden Dolls are out of Boston or Baltimore aren't they?

:cry:

Yeah, you don't want to look like a freaky tourist I guess? So how friendly are they to Americans anyway?? Just curious, I'm trying to go to Italy on my next visit overseas. Prague and Amsterdam look like really fun places to visit however.

:thu:

Archived