OT: Some World Cup thoughts

gr8fuldodd

• Members

Much has been said about America's lack of interest in this great tournament

It can't help that the matches are on when most are at work

I'm an American and I love it. But what I really can't stand is listening to American sportscasters work the games. They just suck. I'd rather hear no US play by play and commentators. For example right now there's the French/Togo match on ESPN and the Swiss/Korean match on ESPN2. The play by play for the Swiss/Korean match is much better.

Lastly, the US need to fire Arena

• Members

I love to watch it too.
Although I tire of the drama/falling/diving/whining/acting from the players.. Do they realize how weak it looks.... like 1st grade girls or something. They do that in the Professional leagues in Europe too.?

• Members

Originally posted by Alanfc

I love to watch it too.

Although I tire of the drama/falling/diving/whining/acting from the players.. Do they realize how weak it looks.... like 1st grade girls or something. They do that in the Professional leagues in Europe too.?

I totally agree

• Members

I absolutly love World Cup and Soccer. As far as the U.S. team goes Landon Donavon was a joke. I would have been more productive and i have not played competitvely since high school. From the first second of the first game to the potential game tying wide open shot that he passed up near the end of the Ghana game. He was supposed to be the big hero but he was aweful.

• Members

I don't like soccer at all, but I was rooting for us to go far in this thing simply because we're the only country who doesn't fake injuries and exaggerate everything to draw penalty cards......so much bull{censored} in that sport:mad:.

• Members

Originally posted by ejk

simply because we're the only country who doesn't fake injuries and exaggerate everything to draw penalty cards..

Now THAT'S some bull{censored} right there ... there are other teams who don't play that {censored}. The South Americans and Italians have the worst rep for it and you clearly don't have any knowledge of the game if that's all you see.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Now THAT'S some bull{censored} right there ... there are other teams who don't play that {censored}. The South Americans and Italians have the worst rep for it and you clearly don't have any knowledge of the game if that's all you see.

Hmmmmmm!
Lives in USA/is an American and has no clue about this game?
Do tell!
:D :D

• Members

andiamo italia!!! italy has won the cup several times when counted out, and been in contention

many other times. korea/italy, and brazil/ italy. we

are great, good looking, fantastic lovers, awesome cooks, make the best cars, ruled the world, i,e, rome, history, literature, architecture,

mafia. too bad we have rather large noses.:(

sinatra! did you know italy gave the cup they won

with paolo rossi to the palestinians?? humanitarians. i love italy, we will make the australians mess their pants:mad: bring it on baby!:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by ice house

andiamo italia!!! italy has won the cup several times when counted out, and been in contention

many other times. korea/italy, and brazil/ italy. we

are great, good looking, fantastic lovers, awesome cooks, make the best cars, ruled the world, i,e, rome, history, literature, architecture,

mafia. too bad we have rather large noses.
:(

sinatra! did you know italy gave the cup they won

with paolo rossi to the palestinians?? humanitarians. i love italy, we will make the australians mess their pants:mad: bring it on baby!
:freak:

Finally, someone speaks the truth!!! We Italians will conquer.

Ti amo :love:

• Members
Originally posted by ice house

i love italy, we will make the australians mess their pants:mad: bring it on baby!
:freak:

Keeping preening yourself like that boyo.

Btw am I the only one that thinks the US got ripped off in that Ghana game?:confused:

The refereeing has been {censored}e in this WC.:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Keeping preening yourself like that boyo.

Btw am I the only one that thinks the US got ripped off in that Ghana game?
:confused:

The refereeing has been {censored}e in this WC.
:rolleyes:

agreed about the refereeing for sure, but the U.S.
too many shoulda coulda woulda's. yeah, it was in
my eyes a ripoff, but the long and short of it is the u.s. shot their wad, and they are just not ready for prime time despite these stupid placement ratings:rolleyes: i say........ look out for
portugal, no one has even given them a shot.

Archived