Ok, the rat didnt cut it, lovepedal karl didnt cut it, what else?

Pwn3d

• Members
Originally posted by Backstepper

Depends upon what you want really. Lately for all my dirt needs I've been using a Toadworks Death Rattle viii. Plexi, tweed and boost all in one. The plexi really crunches up nicley when ht with the boost (boost set to pre)

:thu: :thu:

• Members

Might have to get two pedals for this.

Amps:
Fender DRRI
Fender Hot rod deluxe, JJ tubes, reverb moc

Pedals:
Line6 DL4
Boss Rv3
EB VP JR.

Guitars:
Mainly my strat with CS 69's

I play stuff like sigur ros, explosions in the sky, mogwai, red stars theory. I've also been looking for a good light drive sound like the chording moments on transatlanticism from death cab.

For a little bit heavier stuff I'm looking for sounds like from Glosoli by sigur ros, a good example of the kind of effect I want (right about where it gets heavy). Cold contagious by bush is another good one I like.

:rolleyes:

• Members

I have looked into the mayo very little and the screwdriver, no.

I probably need to get a mayo tho. Im just to cheap to shell out that fast. I just need to input some more funds in my paypal acct.

I would still like to hear other suggestions.

• Members

You should check out a Crowther Audio Hotcake. Great pedal. Overdrive with tons of gain. Very Marshallish but has enough headroom to boost as well. A great pedal. I had one years ago and got rid of it. I'm trying to get another one right now.

Hope that helps.

• Members

Originally posted by Backstepper

Depends upon what you want really. Lately for all my dirt needs I've been using a Toadworks Death Rattle viii. Plexi, tweed and boost all in one. The plexi really crunches up nicley when ht with the boost (boost set to pre)

What's your amp?

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

Boss Blues Driver. Sounds great out of the box on it's own. Loves to be stacked. Loves to be modded. It is a tonal square one.

Had one, slightly modded it myself

my list have/had:

Bd2 stock and modded

Ds1 Modded by me

Sd1 stock and modded, but only had it for a very brief time

Keeley modded ts9, didnt like it at all

Ibanez ds7

NVN bronto boost

Bennett brown sound

Dano fab metal

Digitech death metal

Lovepedal mini

Lovepedal Karl Fuzz

Lovepedal Black iron, (was real nice but I gassed and traded sean for the fuzz)

Rat2 stock, modded, extremly modded

thats all that I can remember. something about each of them just didnt do it for me.

• Members
Originally posted by booher

Do you know how absolutely different the Rat and the muff are? Astonishingly huge.

Trying to think if I should get a LBM or a hotcake. (or if I should spurlge and get both. :(:rolleyes: )

• Members
Originally posted by Pwn3d

Trying to think if I should get a LBM or a hotcake. (or if I should spurlge and get both.
:(:rolleyes:
)

I don't know anything about either.

But I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the rat. What was wrong with it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.

• Members
Originally posted by booher

I don't know anything about either.

But I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the rat. What was wrong with it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.

To me it was muddy and not really smooth. I could never dial in something right, it just didnt cut.

Heres a take I did with the rat2 stock just with my drri strat and rv3.
http://www.purevolume.com/thenandagain

I like doing leads like that but I want something smoother and yet refined. And yet I want something a little wild for sigur ros type stuff. A nice drive would be good for chording.

Now I could look into a fuzz factory vexter or a hotcake and an LBM.

Dunno... :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Not very Sigur Ros though, is it?

Like I've said, I've gotten some pretty versatile sounds out of it.

you just keep the dist at 9ish, filter round 1 or 2, volume at 3 or 4, and you got nice OD and lots of volume to add to your amp. And then just kick in some gain if you want to thrash.

• Members

if i'm right i didn't saw a fuzzface or a tonebender in your have/had list. also you should give a big muff a try.

and then of course there is the fuzz factory. but its not smooth its evil :D and using it in "fuzz mode" is boring

• Members

Originally posted by -Bong-

What's your amp?

I use a Stinger Verbasonic 2x10. Stinger was actually a project between Robert Hudson of Blues Pearl amps and Jeff Cook of Alabama. Basicly as I understand it, this amp is a based on a Fender Super Reverb, 2 12ax7's, 2 12at7's and 2 6L6's (JJ) but with Dwell Depth and tone controls for the reverb.

For the most part my rig is Gretsch G5125 (single coil DeArmond 2K pups) into my own germanium boost into the Death Rattle, into a Carl Martin Red Repeat into the Verbasonic. I actually run "counter intuativly" with the DR, I set the Tweed for high gain, and the Plexi for low, I love the hair on low gain marshall sounds.

• Members
Originally posted by Pwn3d

I like doing leads like that but I want something smoother and yet refined. And yet I want something a little wild for sigur ros type stuff. A nice drive would be good for chording.

May be an MI Audio Tube Zone Deluxe. It's got a smooth, richer deep OD with huge gain range. Something akin to a sophisticated Boogie gain structure. The 6 knobs would help dial it in.

Archived