semaphore questions

protoge x

• Members

so far i've heard nothing but good stuff about this thing, is there anything bad about this pedal? and are all the new ones made with the blue knobs? i know it's a superficial issue but i think they look a lot better with the blue knobs. i know they are out of stock at tonefactor right now, any idea when they will be back?

• Members

Originally posted by protoge x

i know they are out of stock at tonefactor right now, any idea when they will be back?

Nic said this week sometime the last time it was mentioned. So hopefull by the weekend or next Monday.

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

I saw a picture of one with the volume and depth knobs on the left side of the pedal instead of the right. I forget where.

Also, I would like a vertical setup instead of the horizontal thing but that's being picky.

taco

i wish it came in a larger box to tell the truth.

regardless, it is a fun, versatile and excellent sounding pedal. I don't see how you could lose.

• Members

The only drawback is the fact the switch is so close to the knobs...hard to turn on and off without paying close attention. It sounds fantastic though and you can get any sound you want out of it. Also takes up practically no space on the board. I love mine (although I may eventually have to put it in a loop so I can stomp it on and off without smashing all the knobs to bits)

• Members

This whole switch too close to the knobs seems to be a bigger issue than I imagined. I don't want to have to put it in a loop.

I had the same issue with the Teaser Stallion I had, but for some reason I'm not having a problem with my SCOD. I'm not sure why that is. Once I get a Semaphore, I'll have to just see if it's an issue for me.

:(

Nick gave me some advice on tightening up the knobs so their less likely to turn if nudged by your foot. Maybe that will be the ticket.

• Members

i was just wondering, and i don't want to sound like a dick but is there any reason why the switch is so close to the knobs in the first place? if it was underneath the toggels it doesn't seem like there would be any problem at all with the switching.

• Members

I've been gigging with mine for the last week, and I've found that the knob thing isn't as big a problem as I found it to be in my bedroom, but it's still a cause for concern. My other complaint is that the slow setting *almost* gets fast enough for my needs, but the fast setting is waaaaay too touchy to be able to quickly dial in a speed, or especially to tweak the speed in the middle of a song.

But it sounds freaking awesome.

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

Also, I would like a vertical setup instead of the horizontal thing but that's being picky.

taco

Honestly I'm not sure the guts could be shoehorned in there with a vertical orientation. That would indeed be pretty cool though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by themeanreds

:mad:

:(

Mr Catalinbread, would modding the Semaphore for an expression pedal input to control the rate be very difficult?

Difficult not really... I don't have time though to do this at the moment. Hedonic Treadmill. Luckily I put the rate knob on the outside so it is fairly easy to interface with in yr Doc Martins.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Difficult not really... I don't have time though to do this at the moment. Hedonic Treadmill. Luckily I put the rate knob on the outside so it is fairly easy to interface with in yr Doc Martins.

I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron and drill; what would the mod entail?

uh, Dionysian Excercycle.

Archived