Does the Grey DOD OD 250 have more mojo then the Yellow one?

Bruno

• Members

Short answer is no. I A/B tested a vintage yellow and vintage gray side-by-side and they sounded exactly the same to my ears.

I don't have the best ear for tone, but they were close enough that I really couldn't tell the difference. I set them up in a blind A/B bypass loop so I couldn't tell which was which, and I was about 50/50 guessing which one was the gray one.

If you're going for tone, save your money and go for the vintage yellow one. If you're going for mojo, then nothing beats the original!!

Oh, and drool over this:

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

Short answer is no. I A/B tested a vintage yellow and vintage gray side-by-side and they sounded exactly the same to my ears.

I don't have the best ear for tone, but they were close enough that I really couldn't tell the difference. I set them up in a blind A/B bypass loop so I couldn't tell which was which, and I was about 50/50 guessing which one was the gray one.

If you're going for tone, save your money and go for the vintage yellow one. If you're going for mojo, then nothing beats the original!!

Oh, and drool over this:

$35!!!!!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Bruno

$35!!!!!!!

I about pissed my pants when I saw it.

I casually asked if I could see "that overdrive thing there." Apparently my hands weren't shaking all that much because they handed it to me.

I pulled out my wallet, walked out the door, and peeled rubber out of the parking lot before someone could stop me.

They had the new Chinese reissues for $59.99.

:D :D :D

Ended up selling it to fund other gear purchases, but it sure was sweet. My Vox hasn't liked anything quite as much as that one!

• Members

I casually asked if I could see "that overdrive thing there." Apparently my hands weren't shaking all that much because they handed it to me.

I pulled out my wallet, walked out the door, and peeled rubber out of the parking lot before someone could stop me.

:D

Ended up selling it to fund other gear purchases, but it sure was sweet. My Vox hasn't liked anything quite as much as that one!

That brought a tear to my eye :cry:

• Members

I actually got one for 25.00 at Manny's a few years ago. I just went in one day browsing and saw it. Since I can never resist a dirt pedal for under fifty bucks I grabbed it. Had no idea if it was any good or not. I actually don't use it much, but I think I need to revisit.

• Members
Originally posted by Trick

I actually got one for 25.00 at Manny's a few years ago. I just went in one day browsing and saw it. Since I can never resist a dirt pedal for under fifty bucks I grabbed it. Had no idea if it was any good or not. I actually don't use it much, but I think I need to revisit.

A gray one or a yellow one?

Wanna sell it? I'm on the Upper West Side and we could meet up...

I've been thinking of going back and giving my AC-15 what she wants!

;):D

• Members

A gray one or a yellow one?

Wanna sell it? I'm on the Upper West Side and we could meet up...

I've been thinking of going back and giving my AC-15 what she wants!

;):D

It's a grey one. I'm actually more of a hoarder than a seller, but thanks for offering. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

• Members
Originally posted by Trick

It's a grey one. I'm actually more of a hoarder than a seller, but thanks for offering. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

:thu:

You know where to find me!

I'm a revolving door when it comes to gear. Whenever I convince myself that I'll keep something, it's gone a couple of months later. I was actually building up a collection of gray-box DODs for a while...then I decided I needed something else. I can't even remember what it was! Probably sold it already!

Anyway, the only pedal I've hung onto for more than about 2 years (other than ones I've built, of course) is my Keeley BD-2. Everything else has fallen victim to my ever-changing gear appetite.

I think I'll keep my Red Llama, though. Haven't had it for long, but I can see keeping it for the long haul. Skreddy Zero and Euthymia ICBM are probably up there, too...but I've said that before!

• Members

Ty Gerhardt (from OJ) bought this AD-9, which was selling for 300...but they left a zero off :D

• Members

:thu:

You know where to find me!

I'm a revolving door when it comes to gear. Whenever I convince myself that I'll keep something, it's gone a couple of months later. I was actually building up a collection of gray-box DODs for a while...then I decided I needed something else. I can't even remember what it was! Probably sold it already!

Anyway, the only pedal I've hung onto for more than about 2 years (other than ones I've built, of course) is my Keeley BD-2. Everything else has fallen victim to my ever-changing gear appetite.

I think I'll keep my Red Llama, though. Haven't had it for long, but I can see keeping it for the long haul. Skreddy Zero and Euthymia ICBM are probably up there, too...but I've said that before!

Funny, I'm the total opposite. I've given a couple of things away and once I traded in a guitar, but other than that I just buy. :)

Archived