more talking/filter solos like "what i am"

fishfartz

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

You'll be wanting this then...

B000002VCC.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115773

damn hippies and their auto-wahs...

so whats the vibe of this album? when i was younger i heard truckin', touch of grey, and casey jones, and thought id love the dead. but then everything i heard after that made me realize they are just not my thing at all. maybe 1 or 2 more like friend of the devil and something else.

is any of it like classic rockish?

i just cant get into the folky hippy tunes. maybe if it has some cool filter stuff i could...........

• Members

Originally posted by fishfartz

so whats the vibe of this album? when i was younger i heard truckin', touch of grey, and casey jones, and thought id love the dead. but then everything i heard after that made me realize they are just not my thing at all. maybe 1 or 2 more like friend of the devil and something else.

is any of it like classic rockish?

i just cant get into the folky hippy tunes. maybe if it has some cool filter stuff i could...........

ok heres the deal. stuff like truckin, casey jones, and friend of the devil were all recorded in 68-69 durring the 'rose' sessions. .. touch of grey was in early 86 if im not mistaken?? apples and oranges when it comes to the dead. they made the stars open up and mountains errupt between those two time periods (and had a 2 keyboardists die...) back to the matter at hand here.

I would honestly say tunes from the post 'rose' era like terrapin station, help (on the way)>slipknot>franklin's (tower), eyes of the world, shakedown st, scarlet (begonias)>fire (on the mountain), feel like a stranger, etc... would change your life and the way you look at music. the chordal structures and changes.. the grooves (check for 76-81 live versions of these songs before phil was getting TOO drunk) even tunes like china cat>rider, bertha, mr charlie, and brown eyed women in the late 70s were just MIND BLOWING grooves.. that {censored} will make your HEAD SPIN.

give a listen and see what it does for you. just trying to help.

jerry does alot of mutron work in the late 70s and 80s before they went all arista (even then he did live but not as much on recordings) check it out man...

• Members

Originally posted by Stackabones

I know that Kenny Withrow, who did the "What I Am" solo, is a Dead Head.

weird man.. that bitch from spice girls covered that song- and you would think they could get someone who actually PLAYS the guitar to do the solo.. but NOOOOOOO simple 3 note diddy {censored}ty boss auto wah sounding track...

i hate modern music.

but yea ...withrow=huge dead head.

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

ok heres the deal. stuff like truckin, casey jones, and friend of the devil were all recorded in 68-69 durring the 'rose' sessions. .. touch of grey was in early 86 if im not mistaken?? apples and oranges when it comes to the dead. they made the stars open up and mountains errupt between those two time periods (and had a 2 keyboardists die...) back to the matter at hand here.

I would honestly say tunes from the post 'rose' era like terrapin station, help (on the way)>slipknot>franklin's (tower), eyes of the world, shakedown st, scarlet (begonias)>fire (on the mountain), feel like a stranger, etc... would change your life and the way you look at music. the chordal structures and changes.. the grooves (check for 76-81 live versions of these songs before phil was getting TOO drunk) even tunes like china cat>rider, bertha, mr charlie, and brown eyed women in the late 70s were just MIND BLOWING grooves.. that {censored} will make your HEAD SPIN.

give a listen and see what it does for you. just trying to help.

jerry does alot of mutron work in the late 70s and 80s before they went all arista (even then he did live but not as much on recordings) check it out man...

OK, see, in real life you and I would hate each other. :)

Archived