New demo, popiest radio hitsingle i've ever done ...

zinzin

• Members

hi fx-freaks, long time no see ... but now i'm back with a brand new demo recording of a song o' mine: this is by far the most popiest, radio-friendliest song i've ever done ... i am starting to sell out.

the lirix need some retouching, my singer will re-record the vocals (he always keeps saying "i will record my voice later, i do not feel ready yet, i need more time ..." - reminds me of my youth and some girls :D ). guitars are sloopy sometime and lots of out of key singing, but that's not the point - its a demo, hell!

i'd like you to judge the arrangement and the song itself, please.

some infos:

guitars used: ric 330, epi firebird for some leads and my acoustic seagull in nashville tuning (i only discovered this tuning last month - it's fantastic!)

amps used: vox pathfinder 15r ministack 2x10 cab, vox ac30 and fender tweed simulation on vox tonelab se

drums (the crash with flanger effect ...) and the leslie processed piano curtesy of garageband software

effects used: vox wah, zoom uf fuzz, marshall echohead

mics used: shure sm57 and mxl v67g (condenser mic bought recently which is really great for a condenser mic on a budget and it was used on the vocals, though i have autotune full on, but ... i should take my singing pills quickly 'cause lots of out of key singing)

i do like the song a lot, i think it has a great hook, outro and a wonderful two part bridge (first one groovy, second part dreamy)

so, here it is in all the glory: "Cosmos"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F65ED9EC064E0501

enjoy and lemme know your thoughts!

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

I was wondering where you have been hiding!

sounds nice! A beatles/oasis sound to my ears.

Great job.

WOW, I was expecting the spawning of a new Jrak'esque thread.

Really nice song BTW :)

Archived