Camping guitar processor

alby

• Members

I am going camping for a month and I want the most versatile do-all guitar processor I can find. I will be bringing a laptop too, so I guess could have some laptop interfacing as well, but I do not want to get real complicated or have too many different components all wired together on a camping picnic table, or in our little trailer.

I used to have a Korg Pandora PX4 and it was OK but rather noisy at times and quite limited for recording. I do not need something that can run on batteries as I have good 120 volt inverter power.

It seems like maybe the DigiTech GNX4 is the best overall? I also looked at the new Boss RC-50 looper and although it

• Members
Originally posted by alby

I do not need something that can run on batteries as I have good 120 volt inverter power!

I guess my budget would be the cost of the DigiTech GNX4 = $500 US.

• Members

Originally posted by alby

I guess my budget would be the cost of the DigiTech GNX4 = $500 US.

Hmm, well maybe get that then? My brother had an older version of those, decent amp emulation, and I'm sure they've improved them by now. Having a drum machine and 8-track recorder built in is damn handy.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Maybe this:

???

Built in multi-track recorder could be usefull...and some of those Digitech units sound good.

I read about that one and as I understand it the drum machine is not really much of drum machine at all. I am not pretending to be an expert it's just from this review below.......one thing I

• Members

Hmm, well maybe get that then? My brother had an older version of those, decent amp emulation, and I'm sure they've improved them by now. Having a drum machine and 8-track recorder built in is damn handy.

It

• Members

The version my brother had was pretty much the same, but it was older than the GNX3 even. Just drum loops that played to tempo.

If you really need a drum machine, it would be cheaper to just get a cheaper multi-fx box and get a cheap but real drum machine like the Dr. Beat or something.

• Members

The version my brother had was pretty much the same, but it was older than the GNX3 even. Just drum loops that played to tempo.

If you really need a drum machine, it would be cheaper to just get a cheaper multi-fx box and get a cheap but real drum machine like the Dr. Beat or something.

I 100% agree with you, but I don

• Members

To be honest, if you're going to have a computer, there are so many programs for guitar that will entertain the shiat out of you around that you might want to consider that.

As long as you have a fairly fast laptop with a good soundcard in it you might be good with that.

I guess the real question is, would you have any need for the GNX-4 after you got done with the trip???

Archived