Skreddy mid-switch Mayo has arrived!

Gearhunter

• Members

Skreddy Mayo #78 in Cream has reached it's final destination.It was a tough 6 week wait,but boy was it worth it.

Awesome sounding pedal to say the least.Smooth and creamy with endless sustain on my Strat's neck pick up,nice crunch and bite on the bridge.Not many things make me like my Strat's bridge pick-up,the Mayo does and the mid-switch is icing on the cake.

Thanks to all of you for giving me the GAS for the Mayo,and thanks Marc for building this beauty.

Augustboard005.jpg

Augustboard001.jpg

• Members

I'd have to agree with the best muff around statement.

I was'nt sure if I wanted a scooped or a flat-mid model,then Marc announced the mid-switch unit which made my choice easy.I doubt you need to rush out and and get another Mayo just for the mid-switch.Go for the the ?Lady for another flavor.:thu:

• Members

I'm still waiting on mine. :( Think I still have like two weeks, at least. :( :( But I got the mid-switch as well. :) Seemed like the way to go. I've only bought a few pedals new, and this is one of them. I wish you bastards could stop talking about it for a little while. I got gas pains and am in limbo here. :D

• Members

So far I've been digging the scooped side.I think the flat mids is to cut through better with the full band jamming.

Either way,I have'nt found a sound I don't like on it. My Strat with Kinmans and my Super Reverb seem to like it quite abit.:love:

btw stangme01,that is one smokin hot avatar.:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Gearhunter

So far I've been digging the scooped side.I think the flat mids is to cut through better with the full band jamming.

Either way,I have'nt found a sound I don't like on it. My Strat with Kinmans and my Super Reverb seem to like it quite abit.
:love:

btw stangme01,that is one smokin hot avatar.
:eek:

Avatar = Suicide Girls.....Great place to..........Watch.

:wave: :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

so which mode do you prefer, scooped or flat? i have a mayo i currently dont use and i don't know if it because of the scooped mids, or because i haven't found a sound a really like in it.

Why don't you let me take a look at it. I have a couple of special touches to bring out more sweetness for you if it seems flat or harsh.

• Members

so which mode do you prefer, scooped or flat? i have a mayo i currently dont use and i don't know if it because of the scooped mids, or because i haven't found a sound a really like in it.

Then maybe you just don't like the Muff sound. Maybe you would like a Crunch Box more. Hey I have a Crunch Box for trade! :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

Why don't you let me take a look at it. I have a couple of special touches to bring out more sweetness for you if it seems flat or harsh.

i think it is too scooped, it is not harsh at all. maybe it is too smooth. I still have #5 so you may have changed the circuit alittle since then.

i wouldn't think about selling, or trading it.

• Members

Initial impressions (I just got my pedal yesterday):

1.) Sustains like no other--it's almost silly. In fact, I giggled.

2.) It's suprisingly small (a tinsey bit smaller than my OCD).

3.) I've had three other muffs, a Black Russian (which I still have), a USA Reissue (which I sold), and a Double Muff (which I also sold--and technically isn't a Big Muff). If I had to liken the Mayo to any of them, it'd be the Black Russian, but only because the others are sooooooooo far off.

4.) The sustain knobs is really versitile, unlike most big muffs, which seem to have two settings: Noisy Fuzz and More Noisy Fuzz.

5.) If used after my Wah, the wha has almost no effect. Well, at least I know where it's going in the signal chain!

6.) Volume like WHOA!

7.) Overall, it's not as bright with the tone knob pegged as I though it would be. My black russian seems to kick-out more treble, which I think is what gives it that scrambled, "Shhhhh", sound.

• Members

i think it is too scooped, it is not harsh at all. maybe it is too smooth. I still have #5 so you may have changed the circuit alittle since then.

i wouldn't think about selling, or trading it.

Want to try flat mids?

• Members

I just got the mid-switched version in yellow to replace the Mayo on the right a couple days ago:

screwedmayo.jpg

And this time it has my name on the inside, instead of dirty Rick. ;)

Thanks again Marc for the awesome pedal!!! Very small toggle switch and nice red LED too. :thu:

Archived