not happy with my sound

• Members

sounds like you need to change pick-ups and/or amps. That will change {censored} up real quick, but better I don't know. I know if I don't like my tone I'll change pick-ups in and out until I find the pairing I like with my amp. But I work around the amp mainly and build from there.

ummm, maybe you do need to purge....:cry:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

...i just can't get the sound in my head
:(

Join the club. I have my blues tone but not quite the rock tone. Lots of good tones, just not THE tone.

I've got a counterfeit fanboy guitar arriving next week. I really don't know how good it will be (ebay purchase) but I'll probably change the PU in it and see where it gets me. I'm pretty much thinking it's my last major purchase for a hell of a long time.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

i'm def. not into LPs...

i dig teles the most as far as super-common goes,

but geez...my ric...it just suits me beautifully.

you must find something that you LOVE.

i had the blessing of trying a 360 into MY twin and MY pedals.

i'm thinking of getting a tele thinline.

i miss my Dr Z amp bad too.

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

sounds like you need to change pick-ups and/or amps. That will change {censored} up real quick, but better I don't know. I know if I don't like my tone I'll change pick-ups in and out until I find the pairing I like with my amp. But I work around the amp mainly and build from there.

ummm, maybe you do need to purge....
:cry:

you're right though. start with the small stuff. i'm not gonna purge till i'm sure.

• Members

dude...tell me that the mesa mkI is still doing it for you.

i think its gotta be the tokai crap rock.

i think it's the tokai for sure.

i just dont' have a guitar i'm into right now.

The Mark I is a beast. a f'ing beast. I need a cab that can handle its massive low end and a different guitar and all will be cool. i think.

• Members

i think so too.
you're a non LP-guy basically playing an LP.
: I

go try and bunch of stuff until you find what plays/looks/sounds fantastic !!!

i was happy pedal-wise too...i figure my amp COULD be
what i was looking for since it was close. now i'm hip to the sound w/out even doing the upgrades yet-
once this sun. show is over i'll put the Webers/beam blockers/nos tubes in and see how much of an improvement comes about.

its the guitar.

• Members

LP = dull & lifeless.

alright.....the LP has been put in it's case.

i have pulled out my old stand-by.....don't laugh.

The first descent guitar i bought and still my favorite. My Peavey Firenza. Made in the USA, lightweight Mahogany body, 25 inch scale and two P-90's. It's not even ugly. I bought in for $250 in 1998 and it hasn't been topped by any guitar. I mean it. regardless of it saying Peavey on the headstock.

This guitar is almost useless until i have it refret. This will be the second time i've had it refret. I used to play this guitar religously and i'm bringing it back. period.

I just rocked with it for a few minutes now, rusty strings and all. It was the sound man, the sound.

so everyone be damned, me and my cheap gutar are reunited and it feels so good. let the jerks laugh. till i smoke them with my hot guitar love lava.

pv_firenza_tob_burst_$799.jpg

like that.

• Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

alright.....the LP has been put in it's case.

i have pulled out my old stand-by.....don't laugh.

The first descent guitar i bought and still my favorite. My Peavey Firenza. Made in the USA, lightweight Mahogany body, 25 inch scale and two P-90's. It's not even ugly. I bought in for $250 in 1998 and it hasn't been topped by any guitar. I mean it. regardless of it saying Peavey on the headstock.

This guitar is almost useless until i have it refret. This will be the second time i've had it refret. I used to play this guitar religously and i'm bringing it back. period.

I just rocked with it for a few minutes now, rusty strings and all. It was the sound man, the sound.

so everyone be damned, me and my cheap gutar are reunited and it feels so good. let the jerks laugh. till i smoke them with my hot guitar love lava.

pv_firenza_tob_burst_$799.jpg

like that.

doesn't look that bad.
and i won't knock Peavey guitars. they've made some nice ones. the T series were the very first CNC-made guitars. and great ones at that!
when's that from?
kinda reminds me of the yamaha ssc's from the early 80s.

ZC.jpg

Archived