not happy with my sound

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dunno man. i had that problem for a while and things sounded 100% better when my ric 360 came in.

now that CHIME is all over the place.

don't get down on your playing or anything yet, regardless of what robopimp might squawk about.

do you think its the amp(s) ?

do you think its the axe?

do you think you're just bored?

do you need a hug ? (inscho is around someplace)

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

the V is the answer

:wave:

i hear ya.

i really want to invest in a quality guitar. I'm not obsessed with big money instruments or anything like that but i don't have a guitar that's a 'lifer'. One that i'm going to play till i'm dead and I just connect with. It has nothing to do with price or any certain brand name, i just haven't found what i'm looking for. I'm sure I sound retarded.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

i dunno man. i had that problem for a while and things sounded 100% better when my ric 360 came in.

now that CHIME is all over the place.

don't get down on your playing or anything yet, regardless of what robopimp might squawk about.

do you think its the amp(s) ?

do you think its the axe?

do you think you're just bored?

do you need a hug ? (inscho is around someplace)

here's what i think it is.

I'm sick of my guitar.

I don't have a cab that suits my amp. (though i'm building one at the present time, it's not finished. hopefully this will solve that problem)

maybe i am bored, i think i'll shake that once i start practicing with the new band line up.

• Members

ditch the love rock. theres got to be some Vs around you can try out...that or some gretsches...ricks...teles...etc etc etc.

my whole deal was "hey, i'm leaving my job of 3+ yrs to go back to school. i'm 23. i want to find THE guitar that suits ME."

i found it. my setup sounds retardedly great.

i wanted the clean, the loud, and the chime.

bingo !

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

There are some days one likes his stuff; other days he doesn't. How long have you been unhappy with the gear? Is it recent (passing phase, maybe)?

it seems like it's something that goes through phases. i'll be happy, then i'm not. i sell stuff, i buy stuff. everyone around me keeps the same stuff. it just seems like it never ends.

and it's not that i get bored or want to change for the sake of change, i just can't get the sound in my head :(

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

ditch the love rock. theres got to be some Vs around you can try out...that or some gretsches...ricks...teles...etc etc etc.

my whole deal was "hey, i'm leaving my job of 3+ yrs to go back to school. i'm 23. i want to find THE guitar that suits ME."

i found it. my setup sounds retardedly great.

i wanted the clean, the loud, and the chime.

bingo !

i'm with you on that.....

i think i'm just not a les paul guy. not with humbuckers anyway. the 24 3/4 inch scale is not to my taste either.

Archived