any one else like the deftones ?

fiveway switch

• Members

I saw Deftones live last night, they mostly played all their old songs, almost nothing off of the newest record. Although one song from the record they're working on.

Chino had lost all his weight with Team Sleep, now with Deftones he's gained it all back, haha. He's bigger than ever (seriously.) I'm thinking that Carpenter is/has a bad influence for/on him.

Also, Chino was playing a Fender Jaguar (!!) the whole night, and I believe he also used a strat in one song. His signature tele and SG's were no where to be found.

Carpenter was playing a million different ESP guitars, all with the most loud tacky gaudy finishes.

The one he was playing with most of the show was multicolor patches, almost like the Lynch guitar, but with a lot of pink and white. Really hideous. I know there's a picture of it somewhere. Let me see if I can find it. It was an "MH" body type at any rate.

• Members

I like them, but i absolutely can't stand the clean guitar tones on those songs - it's the worst ever.

distorted sounds are awesome, but holy {censored} - TALK to some techs and get something that has some depth...damn...

i'm interested to hear what the new record sounds like though - they always have at least 2 or 3 good songs per album.

• Members
Originally posted by CicadaSilence

WTF... don't they tune down to G, or something?

No clue. I'm sure Carpenter does, but all his guitars are ESP's. Chino only plays Fenders apparantly. :freak:

I've also seen him with a Yamaha Telecaster, though, now that I think of it. It was for Team Sleep.

He retired the SG a long time ago from what I understand. I don't think he likes Gibson. I'm sure he owns ESP Vipers and an ESP Tele knockoff, but I'm pretty sure if he ever used those they've been retired long ago too.

• Members

i read an article w/ SC recently.

to paraphrase.....

' the heaviest band i've ever heard is messhugah. they tune to like low E. i kept setting up my guitars w/ thick strings trying to tune that low, but i couldn't get it to work. i just wanted to play low like them.

it wasn't til i saw them that i realized they were playing 8 string guitars'.

• Members
Originally posted by Ultra.Fuzz

Saturday Night Wrist: Who knows...

8 string guitars tuned to low E apparantly. :D

Actually, I kind of admire SC for admitting he isn't a very "smart" guitarist and that he just hacks his way around the fretboard.

• Members
Originally posted by Klisk

8 string guitars tuned to low E apparantly.
:D

Actually, I kind of admire SC for admitting he isn't a very "smart" guitarist and that he just hacks his way around the fretboard.

I like that approach actually.

...and I do consider him as a "smart guitarist" in his own terms - just a more sorta "blues oriented" player or something.

Originally posted by stangme01

is adrenaline the shell album?

Does it include rap? If so, then: yes, it is.

Archived