Need a low watt Silverfaced Fender amps

KillingAllJoy

• Members

you can buy an original silverface twin reverb from the 70's for a good price. they are not collectable fenders, but they are great amps. they can also easily be modified. this is the route i would go. i think you can find them in 60 watts. i know they make 100 watters... just pull a couple tubes to get half power.

• Members
Originally posted by gibson9778

you can buy an original silverface twin reverb from the 70's for a good price. they are not collectable fenders, but they are great amps. they can also easily be modified. this is the route i would go. i think you can find them in 60 watts. i know they make 100 watters... just pull a couple tubes to get half power.

yeah Twins are really low watts.....:D

• Members

Vibrolux Reverb is 2x10 about 35 watts
Pro Reverb is 2x12" and about 35 watts.
Bandmaster Reverb head is about 35 watts
all similar circuits, tube rectified, nice and squishy when cranked.

A super reverb is a 4x10, 40 watts, a bit different circuit. Solid state rectified and a beefier output transformer, a bigger, bolder, punchier tone.

Deluxe reverb is 1x12, 22 watts.

Princeton Reverb is 1x10" and 12-15 watts

• Members

I was gonna say Vibrolux, but the Pimp beat me too it.

I used the one I borrowed at the gig on Saturday, and it sounded great. Fantastic for funky, souly cleans and the occasional lead. Only thing I don't like about it is the difference in sound between the normal and reverb channel. If someone bought out a normal channel voiced amp, but with the same reverb and tremelo, I'd be all over it!!! Still, only 5 months til Hayseed delivery:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

Vibrolux Reverb is 2x10 about 35 watts

Pro Reverb is 2x12" and about 35 watts.

Bandmaster Reverb head is about 35 watts

all similar circuits, tube rectified, nice and squishy when cranked.

A super reverb is a 4x10, 40 watts, a bit different circuit. Solid state rectified and a beefier output transformer, a bigger, bolder, punchier tone.

Deluxe reverb is 1x12, 22 watts.

Princeton Reverb is 1x10" and 12-15 watts

Vibrolux and Bandmaster sound right up my alley! Do they take pedals well? What kind of prices woul be considered a good deal?

• Members

IMO all fenders take pedals well.

Unfortunately both amps have been steadily going up in price. I can't really tell you what a good deal would be on either, especially if you're in a hurry to buy something. I snagged my bandmaster reverb about a year ago for around $230 but they usually sell for between $400-600. The vibrolux amps seem to be selling for $600-1000 lately. If you have time you can probably find a good deal but who knows. The days of cheap silverface amps is disappearing rapidly it seems.

One thing that is different between the two: The bandmaster has a mid knob on the vibrato channel the vibrolux doesn't.

Originally posted by KillingAllJoy

Vibrolux and Bandmaster sound right up my alley! Do they take pedals well? What kind of prices woul be considered a good deal?

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

IMO all fenders take pedals well.

Unfortunately both amps have been steadily going up in price. I can't really tell you what a good deal would be on either, especially if you're in a hurry to buy something. I snagged my bandmaster reverb about a year ago for around $230 but they usually sell for between $400-600. The vibrolux amps seem to be selling for $600-1000 lately. If you have time you can probably find a good deal but who knows. The days of cheap silverface amps is disappearing rapidly it seems.

One thing that is different between the two: The bandmaster has a mid knob on the vibrato channel the vibrolux doesn't.

Yeah I have notice the prices climbing but some places ask way to much! I have time so im going to keep an eye out for those. I just wanted a ballpark price guide. Some shops have been pricing SF Champs over $500! Thats robbery for a practice amp!

Archived