Am I going to hell for using too much delay?

hugbot

• Members

Originally posted by gorebuc

No such thing if used as instrument itself. Delay as a "spice-em-up" rarely appeals to me....

This is the main reason you need at least two, one delay to spice things up, and another to use as its own instrument. Bare minimum.

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

you have the standard delayla? how do you like it? I've wanted alex d's for soo long.
:cry:

Yep, looks like this:

DeLayla.jpg

It's okay...but a little on the muddy side with my Les Paul. I used it a bunch while I was waiting for my Memory Lane. It'd prob sound pretty good with your single coil guitars. :wave:

• Members

I use a lot of delay until I hear what it sounds like recorded. Then I turn the delay down. Even if the first repeat is at 30% of the volume it can be a little overwhelming and make your playing really lose definition. I think going stereo will solve the problem for me. Clean on the right, wet on the left.

Delay sounds amazing live though.

• Members

Originally posted by GDan

Okay, so what do people think is a good delay setting to "spice things up" and leave on most of the time?

Slapback for sure. You pretty much want to use it for a reverb feel. Ambient delay bugs the hell out of me after a while, i keep having to turn it down and down. At least if it's slapback, it's more like a reverb effect.

Archived