anyone ever used a bartolini tube-it?

amanonfire

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

i just fixed one for a friend last night and am looking forward to trying it out today even though i cant afford one any time soon.

the sine wave on the oscilloscope looked insane coming out of the pedal.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the pedal after you fire it up.

• Members

Originally posted by jove

I'd like to hear your opinion on the pedal after you fire it up.

sounds like a marshall. the bass knob is a little weird, it seems backward. almost like the pedal is set up to have a tone knob and a treble boost knob.

also the 3 way toggle does a ton. its almost like having 3 different distortions. its a really nice sounding pedal. i dont know if its worth what they seem to go for, but i could say the same about a lot of things.

doesnt have a ton of boost, almost none actually unless you dime the bass knob. a TON of gain. with the boost switch in the middle position its really warm and thick, up its a treble boost and more gain, down is the same but with even more gain.

id really like to see what is in that block of epoxy.

• Members

Thx!

:thu:

I think at least part of the pedal's fame is that it was one of the earliest tube pedals ever made.

Sounds like it might have some cool tones in there.

I've had 2 Chandlers, but always sold them as that type of gain, while cool, wasn't my thing.

Of course I'd like to have one again to try... lol.

• Members

Originally posted by jove

Thx!

:thu:
I think at least part of the pedal's fame is that it was one of the earliest tube pedals ever made.

Sounds like it might have some cool tones in there.

I've had 2 Chandlers, but always sold them as that type of gain, while cool, wasn't my thing.

Of course I'd like to have one again to try... lol.

there are no tubes in the tube it.

• Members

I love this pedal. The only one I ever played (or scene in person) was one owned by a friend when he loaned it to me after my rig was stolen.

I offered to buy it from him but he told me there was no amount of money he'd take for it.

I've been trying like mad to find one ever since (this was about 6 years ago) and I've only ever seen two for sale and on both occaisions I had missed out (they sold both prior to me inquiring).

I was able to get a very ... I gues saturated (trying to choose my words correctly) overdrive, but very smooth. It translated well with my LP100 and red knob Twin. Higher gain sounded very pleasant. It wasn't too harsh, but still ballsy.

If I could ever find one of these (hell even a clone would do) for a decent price I would snap it up in no time flat.

I can't reccommend this enough for versatile od/distortion.

I know the circuit is encased, which is making cloning a challenge, has anyone tried to get around the epoxy to build a clone? If anyone was up for that job, I'd sure like to talk to them. I just wish these things were more abundant. Seems collectors really like them, which makes players like me not be able to afford one.

Doc

Archived