is the yamaha UD stomp overlooked in respect of DLD20 and DL4

zinzin

• Members

if you are in the market of a delay with programmable patches, i think those three are the choice: yamaha UD stomp, boss DD20 and line 6 DL4.

but how come no one picks up the UD stomp? is it lower quality? sounds not so good?

since the DL4 has so many reliability problems and the DD20 is not so programmable-friendly, the yamaha seems a good choice. wrong?

• Members

well - yamaha discontinued it and it's very complicated to program and switch programs on the fly.

I used to own one and sold it on ebay. Bought it for 275 sold it for close to 500 :)

Now I use the DL4 with the expression pedal to give me six memory slots _ that's more than enough for me...

• Members

I have a UD-Stomp (found a shop here in the UK that had a couple of old stock kicking about their storeroom a couple of years or so ago) and it does take up alot of space - I'm building a pedalboard and keep wondering if I really need it - but then it does do delays, reverbs, trems, flanging, passable univibe. It's not the easiest to use when it comes to changing banks (no simple bank up/down - although it can be midi controlled if you want) but the patches themselves are excellent. Plus you need to use it's own 12VAC 1A power supply which is another mark against. They seem to hold their value so worth checking one out. Plus I think the Magicstomp has some of the UD patches - maybe worth a look

Archived