Whew. This has been the best NAMM show...

r33k

• Members

Im dissapointed on alot of fronts..Gmedia seems to be dropping the ball, the radias engine is no big whoop to me, so none of the korg line is interesting. Maudios Dj controler is stupid...

But on a surpising front i'm really interestead in the blomfeld.. I wonder if it runs audio through the USB ?

And Papens predator could be interesting but I want to hear it and read more about it.

I think last year held my attention more with the juno g and sh201 and a few other products..

• Members

... in at least a decade, maybe two.

Can I get a witness?

Yup- plenty of new things to check out and try...more so than in past recent years. Not much I'm interested in buying though - I've got plenty to keep me happy. Still a lot of good stuff coming out.

Alesis wasn't showing any keyboards this year. Wonder if they're getting out of that market all together?

• Members

perhaps one of most exiting in last few yrs, but if u rcall the time of VA heyday few yrs back, or when andromeda or voyager first came out. now that was some real excitement..

this yr definetely does not look half as good if u take away all the vaporware (i.e. waldorf, arturia etc).

• Members

Alesis wasn't showing any keyboards this year. Wonder if they're getting out of that market all together?

Alesis has at least 6 synths available right now. In addition to the Micron, Ion, Fusion and Andromeda, some places are still selling the QS6.2 and QS8.2:

http://www.8thstreet.com/product_search2.asp?combined=alesis+qs&Submit=go

some of those synths are back ordered, so they may not be too anxious to introduce other new ones now. or maybe they took a beating on the Fusion and are stepping back to reconsider now? at any rate, I like their stuff and am looking forward to any new synth they put out. :cool:

• Members

i hope they took time off to deal with catastrophic quality control issues they had with andromeda and to some extent with Ion in last 6mo.

other than that, i share your feeling about alesis. i hope they continue making synths. and i'm glad they are still making the andromeda (its one of the longest produced keyboards in modern history btw)

• Members

Try this one, second from the bottom

OK - I see it - MSRP is $500 less than the Q+. Of course the analog filter block will be an option on the Stromberg tho.

It's good to see Waldorf coming back, but there's really nothing I've seen I'd consider getting. Well, 'maybe' one thing.

I am excited about one thing, but it hasn't been announced yet.

• Members

There were more people there today than there are usually on a Saturday. I don't think I'll go tomorrow, it's gonna be a zoo!

Alesis had no keyboards. I asked them if they were getting out of the business and they replied that they were only showing new products this year. We'll see.

I was really interested in the Kurz PC3. They had a non-functioning one on display. I'm pissed!!!!

Nothing really interesting at Roland, Korg, or Yamaha, for me at least. The Nord C3 was demonstrated, plugged into a Motion Sound speaker. You couldn't play it yourself though. It has a pretty small footprint for a dual manual keyboard, so that is good.

Hammond had a 3300 hooked up to a B3. The 3300 sounded OK but on the floor, you can't really see how loud it will get. The B3 played very nice, not quite as loose as my 71 at home though, if you know what I mean. Of course, it is brand new!

JBL has a new line of powered speakers, the PRX line, which looks to be a powered version of their MRX series. They have Crown Class D amps in them. I didn't hear them, they were just on display.

I've decided that I want a Taylor 414CE. Man they play like butter!

My feet hurt and I got less than 10 picks. But I did get a T-shirt from Shure.

OK, that's all I got.

Rick

Archived