Programming WAVESTATION

Sealed

• Members

Here are my questions:

1. How does wavesequence modulation work? I assign LFO2 to WS start point, and the result is a bit unpredictable.

2. I have no idea about the FX. Where's the wet/dry balance?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Members

Your cheating yourself doing 1 oscillator at once when you can do 32 at once.

1. Can't answer that one, I'm still completing my bank of vector based patches.

2.It's both at the patch and performance level and the effects can be serial or parallel.

If I were you I would sell the SR and get the legacy collection. Same sound, imports all the old patch banks, you don't have to worry about having the right card in the machine, the backlight isn't going to go out, no extra cables or power requirements, and the programming interface is easier (a little).

Anyway, the structure is pretty simple. You have a performance which consists of upto 8 patches which consist of 1,2, or 4 waves or wavesequences.

• Members

The backlight isn't likely to fail on the SR really, at least, not to the same degree the other versions fail..... The keyboard version and the A/D use an EL film backlight and they die over time, but if I remember right the SR has an LED backlit display just like the one on the X5. They don't die so easy.

• Members

If I were you I would sell the SR and get the legacy collection. Same sound, imports all the old patch banks, you don't have to worry about having the right card in the machine, the backlight isn't going to go out, no extra cables or power requirements, and the programming interface is easier (a little).

I can second that....I've had lots of fun with the Legacy Digital Edition in the last few months. Hoping to get a bank of original patches made up eventually.

But I wish there was a good free patch librarian for this thing though. :confused:

• Members

The backlight isn't likely to fail on the SR really, at least, not to the same degree the other versions fail.....

That's a good thing but I think I'd rather deal with the backlight and a little better interface than have the better display.

But I wish there was a good free patch librarian for this thing though.

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out how patches are stored in the stein'y files.... Would be nice if they did it as xml like they are doing other things lately but I doubt we would be that lucky.

• Members

Umbra and Don Solaris: Thanks. I'll read the manual again. The reverb effect does show "Wet/Dry" parameter, but the chorus has no such parameter.

zoink and urbanscallywag: Yes, I'm using SoundDiver - it's way better than SR's 1U front panel, though editing Wavesequence takes much time due to WS's MIDI implementation.

Umbra and Synthoid: Good idea - I'm thinking about it though the software takes much (PC power and money).

Jez: Yes, my SR shines bright, as well as my M3R.

• Members

Getting back to the start point issue:

I made a wavesequence with just 2 steps - Pro saw and OB saw.

I modulate the start point with an LFO.

I expected the two waves smoothly crossfade, but they didn't. I'm wondering how to set the modulation depths - how the LFO amount affects the start point.

• Members

Thanks. I'll read the manual again. The reverb effect does show "Wet/Dry" parameter, but the chorus has no such parameter.

Oh, i know what you mean. The wet/dry paremater depends upon the type of effect you set up. The chorus itself has no dry/wet parameter. It is fixed to 50/50.

However, there is a trick you can make, that will give you dry/wet control over the chorus. Set the output to ALL. Now insert original (dry) signal into the effects chain after Effect 1 via MIX3 and MIX4. That should do the job. At least i hope it will (sorry i am in the office - writing this from my memory, don't have Wavestation here to check if it really works).

• Members

Don Solaris: Thank you very much for the tips! I have long been wondering where to find the dry/wet mix of chorus - I'll try the MIX paramters.

Umbra: Yes, I'll try and see how the envelope works. The crossfade parameter in the wavesequence would also work. But I also like to grasp how the LFO affects the WS.

Archived