low wattage tube head options

c£ayton

• Members

when i last left this board, there was the matamp, a hiwatt, and a few others >> scott (axe and you shall receive) had some. if people can list the options and their tonal characteristics that'd be swell.

i'm moving soon and i don't think i'll really be able to use my slp 59 head anymore with my 73 orange cabinet.

• Members

Originally posted by Zlandicar

The guy that reviewed the Pro Jr. there was complaining about the volume jump at 10 o'clock on the volume knob. He was swearing up and down that it had a bad pot...

I've had a Pro Jr. (tweed) for years. Don't they all do that? I thought it had something to do with the way the pot's taper was set up. Never thought it was anything wrong.

BTW, the Pro Jr. is great. I used mine for my main gigging amp for a long time. They cut through well and sound killer, if you use any dirt in your principal tone at all.

edit: You said head. It does have an 8 ohm speaker jack, if you disconnect the 10.

Steve

• Members

yeah i last posted here regularily a year and a half ago.

back then olle had the matamp and i think the hiwatt at one point. although not tube, i remember people liking those solid state heads that dude in boston was making, the vintage one and the high gain one.

scott from axe and you shall receive was selling some mini low wattage heads as well.

Archived