semaphore affected by temperature???

JDandCoke

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

Perhaps it was your teeth chattering..?

hmm

maybe it just made me play faster??? haha

i usually have it about 10:30 but for the same song (pretty distinctive and choppy) i had to have it about 12

quite a big difference...

all other controls were the same... (just maxed out)

• Members

Most (if not all) semiconductor devices are affected by temperature. Some to differing degrees (no pun intended). For example, Germanium devices are noted as being highly temperature dependent. Even touching a germanium transistor with your fingers while measuring it will cause the readings to go all over the place.

Silicon devices are less temperature sensitive, but still suffer from changes in temperature if they are at extremes.

My suggestion to you is to keep your pedals at a normal room temperature. It doesn't do the electrolytic components any good to be frozen either.

-Zach Omega

• Members

haha...Seems like everything is marketable anymore...I'd just be interested to see what that did to the life of all of the electrolytic components as well as what it'd do to any germanium parts...Thermal runaway comes to mind. However, that'd all be entirely dependent on how hot the pedal actually got.

If there was a way to keep the pedal running at a steady 70 degrees or something...that'd actually be kind of cool...Don't know that I'd buy it, but at least you'd know there was no likelihood of wrecking your gear.

-Zach Omega

Originally posted by gil1

Kidding? Hell, I see a marketing opportunity....

Archived