murder city devils appreciation thread

• Members
Originally posted by catalinbread

I am not gonna say just cause I lived in Seattle for about a decade that I am right. But I will say we are probably talking differences between local politics more than anything. Though living right in the middle of Seattle MCD was a phenomena that was way too hipster. As if you had to have some sort of Devils merch on you at all times to get to hang out at the Cha Cha Lounge. I mean I like PBR as much as the next guy but I am not gonna buy at the bar a 40 to drink in a bag unless I am in an alley someplace. I am not trying to compare directly the bands I mentioned like Blood Bros either I am just saying there is a lot of music in Seattle that doesn't get a lot of buzz cause it is often wasted on superficial cool kid image stuff. "It's not the band I hate it's their fans" to quote the band Sloan. The hipster "fans" of MCD were twenty somethings who were constantly going through that 7th to 8th grade conversion every 6 months.

I say if you want organs in your rock music check out RFTC damnit!
:love:

see, i was totally unaware this band, or anything about them, was any part of hipster-dom. i live in a place where hipster fashion trickles down from the bigger cities, so what's popular now died out years ago in new york or wherever.

hell, until i visited boston about a year ago i had no idea pabst was a hip beer. i mean, i thought me and my friends were drinking it cause it was cheap and loads better than miller or bud. turns out i was inadvertently being hip...go figger.

• Members
Originally posted by letterswewrote

see, i was totally unaware this band, or anything about them, was any part of hipster-dom. i live in a place where hipster fashion trickles down from the bigger cities, so what's popular now died out years ago in new york or wherever.

hell, until i visited boston about a year ago i had no idea pabst was a hip beer. i mean, i thought me and my friends were drinking it cause it was cheap and loads better than miller or bud. turns out i was inadvertently being hip...go figger.

Having grown up not far away from Eerie, this man speaks the troof.

Western PA rocks!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by letterswewrote

I know what you mean! But if you enjoy their music without knowing about the 1999 hipster hype then I say that you and the band deserve some extra credit points! :thu:

Archived