Best U2 DVD?

Vince

• Members

So I'm on a massive U2 trip at the moment after getting the U2 by U2 book for christmas (anyone into them needs this book!!) and I want to get one of their DVD's to watch, but I don't know which one.

I've got Rattle and Hum, and I like most of their albums (Haven't heard October or Zooropa yet) so where do I go from here?

U2 go home? Zooropa live in Sydney? Elevation in Boston? Vertigo?

• Members

They're all fairly good and fairly cheap really.
All worth getting someday.

Er...I like Zooropa. but I also especially like Slane Castle for the Out of Control sequence with the thanks to their parents.

Elevation, Vertigo, Red Rocks, Popmart...all good stuff (not all on dvd yet)

• Members

"go home" recorded at slane castle

such a radical concert, the most amazing part is the intro to the WTSHNN, which is an outro from all i need is you, it seriously gives me chills, you can find it on youtube

• Members

I think Zoo TV is probably the best performance wise - it's an absolutely incredible show. But the sound quality doesn't quite seem to be up to scratch on this one. Therefore, Slane is probably my favourite. Brilliant atmosphere, being at home in ireland. And yeah WTSHNN is very special, as is sunday bloody sunday which chokes me up. Out of all the others, they aren't bad, although I'd steer clear of Boston Elevation which is probably the worst.

So, when is Mexico PopMart coming out on DVD anyway?

• Members

i have Popmart on my computer, and i watch it often. Such a fun show. I've got Vertigo and Slane, and i'd have to agree that both are amazing concerts. vertigo might be alittle more fun to watch for the different guitars and the expansive setlist (although they do play alot of new stuf on it). I'd have to say Slane is my favorite for overall atmosphere. And yea WTSHNN gives me chills on that one when they start it. Plus theres cool behind the scenes stuff about Unforgetable Fire.

• Members
Originally posted by TimCz

Be sure to check out the version of 'the fly' on Boston.

And all i want is you on slane.

Particularly the part where Bono throws the beach ball back at the kid during AIWIY on slane...."all I want is {censored}in you, mang" :D

The high point of that show to me, however, besides "out of control" is "Until the End of the World" The battle at the end between Edge (a Jesus figure) and Bono, clearly playing the role of Judas/Satan is really cool. Not to mention my favorite solo of all time. :thu:

Here are my favorite pics I snapped at the show I was at:

IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by TimCz

Be sure to check out the version of 'the fly' on Boston.

And all i want is you on slane.

Same friend is bringing me Elevation from Boston tonight!

U2 weekend for me! Yay!:)

• Members

I got the Slane DVD for Christmas...It's pretty freakin' awesome. In fact, it inspired me to go out today and buy a couple of older CD's that I never had in my collection. I'll probably add the Vertigo DVD real soon!

U2 totally rocks, and their live shows are legit! It's ashame their tickets are so expensive...I actually passed on seeing them the last time they came through town for that reason.

+1 for U2

:thu:

Archived