Wet, liquidy flanger and phaser

Alanfc

• Members

OK right now I'm using this Guyatone Flanger

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/8/1/4/239814.jpg

and this Boss Phaser

http://bezkommentariev.ru/img/fazz.jpg

(thats not mine, look at that schmootz on there ewww....)

both of these seem a little dry and boxy

I use them both in the FX loop

Whats a more wetter liquidy alternative? Lets say in the workingmans budget, not boutique indy makers

thanks

• Members

I really like the Small Stone at a reasonable price and the Red Witch at a more boutique price. I find the Red Witch worth the difference...

I'd still like to try a Quasar and Psilocybe though.

Edit - Don't get that CF7, go with the above Ibanez or DFL before that.

• Members

why do I feel this need to have both ?

Maybe I just need one good swirly box of some kind.
I only use the flanger or phaser in a couple songs for a total of about 3 minutes in a typical set :confused: Thats it, hmmm....

starting new thread:idea:

• Members

i had an ibanez pm7 for phaser until i built my phase90 byoc clone. i love the phase 90 and the clone is great

for flanger used to use the cf-7 on my board which was nice, but one broke and i got a new one on warranty. the new one has problems with the plugs so it sometimes makes annoying scratching noises, which it started to make after a half year or so use.

now i have a ibanez fl-301 on my board which is really nice, i got it of the bay for 37euro. what i hadn't checked before its the 18V version
there is a fl-301dx which is completely the same but does only need a 9V power supply.
a used fl-9 is also nice.

you can get the original 80's version of those on the bay used for about 50 to 75$. the new reissue of the fl-9 costs more.

soundwise i have to say the cf-7 is more brutal in the jet sound makeing so i guess it makes the flange efx stronger than my fl-301. i don't really like chorus that much and i don't like the cf-7 chorus, so for me its not really worth mentioning that you get flange and chorus with the cf7

i also tried the smallstone phaser and i like my byoc phase90 clone more, but thats my taste, must not be the same for you.

i also tried a boss phaser, i'm not sure which one it was exactly, but this thing was weak sounded dull and i didn't liked it at all...

so try to test a phase90 and a small stone, and try to get a cheap used ibanez from the bay

Archived