Recomend me a few treble/boost pedals.

zephyr

• Members

Looking into a trebel/boost pedal. Looking for somthing that will boost the over-all level and boost the highs and maybe cut a little off the low, maybe add a little grit, but not too much..

I'd be using it to juice up a Boogie studio preamp. Right now I'm using the Jekyll side of a Visual Sound J&H. It sounds pretty good, but I'm wondering is there is anything that might work better (without having to take out a bank loan).

Forgot to mention that I'll be using it to get a "metal" sound. (like testaments "low")

• Members

I don't know whether there are any "metal" boosts, but you couldn't go wrong with a BYOC Tri-Boost to start with. It has full range clean and EH LPB type boosts, plus switchable full range or treble only Germanium boost, all in an MXR size box for less than the price of a boutique boost of any individual variety. The forum attached to their site is useful for advice on how to tweak it to your own preference.

Build quality? Well, that's up to you.... :D

www.buildyourownclone.com

edit: the've now introduced the revised version which is easier to assemble, and has a tri-colour LED to indicate the mode it's in. Awesome.

• Members

i've had a keeley java treble boost for a long time and really loved the sound as a treble booster. only sold it because it was not what i used very often. but i can really recommend that one. it has a flip switch for full-/mid-/treble-boost is a germanium one and keeley built quality.

Archived