screwdriver arrived this morning

jimmyc84

• Members

many thanks again to brad @ tonefactor. with this and my liquid sunshine i think i'm totally done for dirt. it does low gain really well, all the way to a wonderful thick fuzzy od. i was really suprised with how good the fuzz was to be honest. so versitile.

and it came in the colour that i was secretly hoping for too :) definitely worth every penny (cent) :)

screwdriver-1.jpg

• Members
cool...how would you compare it with the liquid sunshine?

i'd say firstly, obviously it's got more gain. it goes from a mid range overdrive into a light fuzz face esque fuzz without passing through a 'distoriony' zone - which is good in my opinion!

the screwdriver is described as being a treble boost followed by a fuzz. and i think of the liquid sunshine as being an overdrive that is capable of being a bit treble boosterish with that lower drive knob.

so perhaps adding an element of fuzz to the liquid sunshine could get you into screwdriver territory maybe?

descriptive words that i would use for the liquid sunshine would be woody, biting, etc... the screwdriver is warmer thanks to the fuzz element, but then you can turn up that sharpness knob which seems to dial out the fuzziness and bring it to an overdrive full of prescence.

i'm having a tough job trying to explain it as you can see... :freak:

• Members

also - the sound clips on the skreddy site are very representative of the pedal. but there doesn't really seem to be one showing the fuzzy sound; (with gain up high, sharpness rolled completely off and volume to taste). it really was a pleasent suprise.

• Members
many thanks again to brad @ tonefactor. with this and my liquid sunshine i think i'm totally done for dirt. it does low gain really well, all the way to a wonderful thick fuzzy od. i was really suprised with how good the fuzz was to be honest. so versitile.

and it came in the colour that i was secretly hoping for too
:)
definitely worth every penny (cent)
:)

screwdriver-1.jpg

Very pretty indeed!

:thu:

• Members

{censored}ing SWEET!

Thanks- I threw those ideas at Marc and he made them a reality! Sent him the Eyes of Buddha image, thoughts on color, and the idea for bits of gold leaf, some mock-ups... and there ya go! I know it was time consuming for him, and I appreciate the effort. Came out better than I imagined!

-Ben

• Members

I'm still diggin' mine! Got it a few months ago and it does a wonderful drive tone with those fuzzish elements with higher gain. Great work Marc!

skredsm.jpg

-Ben

Holy {censored}e that looks good.

DSC_0006.jpg

Mines in that picture, tis a great pedal.

I've got a Top Fuel (or two) on order, both in that cool full colour thing he does. Also like to say that Marc is a top guy, gave me a really good price on the Top Fuel, and I'm going to send my Screwdriver back to him soon (when I get the Top Fuel) for the Smokey mod and also to change out some other components to lower the gain a little so that it cleans up more as you roll down the volume. He's doing the mods for free, but i have to pay shipping both ways :wave:

• Members
Thanks- I threw those ideas at Marc and he made them a reality! Sent him the Eyes of Buddha image, thoughts on color, and the idea for bits of gold leaf, some mock-ups... and there ya go! I know it was time consuming for him, and I appreciate the effort. Came out better than I imagined!

-Ben

That is just wow! Mark should do a run of those. I would buy one in a heart beat!:thu:

Archived