O/T Sports Medicine help!

paydirt

• Members
Jeez, sounds like you are riding him hard, sportsdad.

Let a kid be a kid.
QUOTE]

It probaly might appear that way, but it couldn't be further from the truth. This is HIS dream, I'm just along for the ride. He didn't even start baseball until he was 11, when he asked if he could play Little League. The ONLY thing we ask of him, is to do his best in school. The other stuff is all him.

• Members
cool - I'm not trying to indict you, obviously I don't know you and your situation. I bet time and rest will heal it. Just don't let him play hurt or let any ahole coaches push him into it. good luck!

Thanks Shep. By the way I didn't take it that way in the first place. My older son wanted to play basketball. Played a couple of years then switched to forming a band. 2 very different personalities. But the #1 thing that I measure my success as a Dad with, is that they are Best Friends to this day. I guess I did something right. Thanks for the Best wishes!!
:D

• Members

So did he go straight into full competition after a month of just rest? It's no wonder he would injure it again. You've really got to progress it up from lite activity to build up to loads at least at competition level. A month of complete rest is too long too, for an injury like this. If you can, go see a sports physio, and you'll be sweet

Archived