Pawn shop score !!! Korg PME40X...with analog delay !!!

woodsmandan

• Members

I posted a thread 2 days ago to get info about it, thanks to those who helped me, this is one hell of a cool unit !!!

I got it for...40$ !!!...it has Compressor, Chorus (analog and stereo), Analog Delay (also stereo) and Noise Gate...

The funny thing is, a while ago I had been really looking for an analog sorta multi effects...I wanted an all analog, stand alone unit, something easy to use, with no menus or parameters, but only knobs and tone...

I looked into the Captain Coconut, Carl Martin Quattro, the old Ibanez units...but none had the effetcs combination I wanted...

But now, all I have to do is hunt down the modules I want and bingo !!!

I tried it briefly at lunchtime...the delay was right up my old DM-3 alley, and the chorus is sweet and organic...I'll put it to real test tonight...

Right now, I'm a happy pawnshopper!!!:thu:

• Members

They are good fun!

there are some interesting units out there and a lot of em sound good (some are left field, others are bread and butter)

I've got the pinouts for the modules somewhere...I'll see if I can dig those up
(just a nice thing to have)

• Members
They are good fun!

I've got the pinouts for the modules somewhere...I'll see if I can dig those up

(just a nice thing to have)

:thu: cool !...I was just thinking, if I had the pins layout, I could maybe build modules and rehouse some stompboxes I like into them...I was thinking a Bad Monkey and maybe a Dano tremolo...

• Members
:thu:
cool !...I was just thinking, if I had the pins layout, I could maybe build modules and rehouse some stompboxes I like into them...I was thinking a Bad Monkey and maybe a Dano tremolo...

I'll dig around this evening to see if I can find them

• Members

That's a nice modules selection !!...mine has the same delay and chorus...I wish I had the OD and the Flanger...or a Phaser...

That's going to be fun hunting down those modules...gotta catch 'em all !!!

Yeah you should have fun with that. :thu: You'll just HAVE to hunt down the flanger.

• Members

btw, $40 is a HELL OF A SCORE. good for you. POST CLIPS! NOW!!!
:)

My recording computer is down :( ...I'll try to record tonight with a mic plugged directly into my laptop, but I don't know how it will come out...

BTW, I plugged the thing in stereo with 2 amps last night...:love::thu:

• Members
Here it is...

korgpme40x002.jpg

korgpme40x007.jpg

And it sounds good too !!!

Analog delay and chorus are as good as it gets...self oscillating fun for hours !!!
:love:

:

does the chorus do vibrato well?

the yammie one, you mean this?
memyours002-1.jpg

i just ran into the dirt and chorus for like $25 each but i didnt want them.
that cost me $100 and I sold it for $200. the flange and the chorus were good, the dist. was really nice, actually.

Archived