Rack or Pedals? (Quite a classic aye?)

Iliketapping

• Members

So I need a pedal/rack for:

Flanger (want that jet engine sound, also something towards the chorus way Im still wondering if a flanger could pull of similar sounds.)

Reverb (Getting a Elmwood modena 60 and it doesn't have a reverb so figured Ill might need some...)

For this is better to go for pedals or should I buy rack?

I like these kind of effects: Flanger,Phaser, Chorus but Im not sure how much I would use them. I like those clean sounds with some effects that makes you sound your sitting in some ancient magic cave or something.

What would be the best choise In my situation?

Thanks! :wave:

• Members
So I need a pedal/rack for: Flanger, Reverb For this is better to go for pedals or should I buy rack? What would be the best choice In my situation? Thanks!
:wave:

Most record in Digital. Use digital plug-ins for reverb.

Play analog pedals into a tube amp. Analog flange and chorus can be found in the Fulltone Choralflange and others.

www.fulltone.com

• Members

Hold on there a second. Are there other analog pedals? Other brands?

Is rack digital?

Im going to use the pedals/rack with a tube amp is analog then best?

all depends. theroretically.. Digital and Analog are the same thing to a computer nerd, b/c they do the same thing freq wise.... But there are huge differences in reality...

Digital sometimes doesnt sound real. As in it sounds over processed and fake.

Analog is usually really warm and real feeling, its hard to really explain the full concept digital/analog. Go to a local guitar store if possible. I'm sure they will have some kind of stomp boxes.. Just do a little research on whats analog/digital.. And go have fun, come back here tell everyone what you thought and get some feedback and find what you like the best!

• Members

I am a bit muddled about this too. I am planning a stereo setup, consisting of two amps with their own speaker each (both 4x12).

At the moment it's the Laney TT50H on the left, and a Mesa/Boogie MarkIV on the right, but that could change.

I want some floor pedals, eg. a Boss CE-20 for instant chorus and to split the signal, which will go in front of the amps. Also an EHX HOG for some whacked-out synthy filter and auto-wah and whammy type stuff.

The Laney can handle MIDI, and so I'd like to make the most of the amp. I am not sure if I should use a rack effect unit or not in its effects loop, as would it be necessary? Is it okay to have two chorus effects running? Is it just too many options? Also what do I do with the MarkIV, run an effects unit in its efx loop too? It seems like too much.

I want two amps so I can get a massive crunchy thick tone. I do like effects but I'm a bit perplexed about how to set it all up. Should I just use the floor effects or use a multi-effects rack unit too?

• Members
I am a bit muddled about this too. I am planning a stereo setup, consisting of two amps with their own speaker each (both 4x12).

At the moment it's the Laney TT50H on the left, and a Mesa/Boogie MarkIV on the right, but that could change.

I want some floor pedals, eg. a Boss CE-20 for instant chorus and to split the signal, which will go in front of the amps. Also an EHX HOG for some whacked-out synthy filter and auto-wah and whammy type stuff.

The Laney can handle MIDI, and so I'd like to make the most of the amp. I am not sure if I should use a rack effect unit or not in its effects loop, as would it be necessary? Is it okay to have two chorus effects running? Is it just too many options? Also what do I do with the MarkIV, run an effects unit in its efx loop too? It seems like too much.

I want two amps so I can get a massive crunchy thick tone. I do like effects but I'm a bit perplexed about how to set it all up. Should I just use the floor effects or use a multi-effects rack unit too?

Uehmm.. Make a thread of yer own? :thu:

Archived