International Postage Hilarity

benecol

• Members

Well, maybe hilarity's a bit strong. I've been checking out Danelectro baritones on eBay, and mailed my two favourites asking how much postage would be to the UK (they're both in NYC, and the items are listed as available to the UK). So, the first guy says sure, no problem, postage will be $40. The second guy says no problem at all - postage will be $300.

That's $300.

Blimey.

• Members

i got my dano dc59 last summer. normal usps, not insured i think with tracking. from ohio to austria.

the guitar was in a cardboard box of a charvel? guitar. actual shipping was 60$ or so.

it took a while (about 3-4 weeks) until it arrived, but landed save in my hands

• Members

Definitely $300 - more than the actual guitar will go for, I expect. That's more than I had to pay to get my Jaguar shipped over, and I felt ripped off paying $250 for that. Unsurprisingly, the seller is a shop rather than a private seller.

• Members

my seller has had also a shop.

my lp custom with case packaged in a box was delivered by UPS 2days delivery, which meant it was in 3 days here from somewhere california or so. which was pretty cool.

shipping costed 200$ straight if i remeber correctly on year ago, it was full insured and trackable.

so it was way havier than a dano bariton guitar would be, and it was bigger cause of the case and the box than my dano. and the 2 days delivery was expensive, but worth it :D

so depending on insurance, weight, size and delivery method, you should be somewhere inbetween 50 to 200$

50$ cheap, hopefully small not insured, long delivery time

200$ heavy, full insured and delivered in less than a week.

so if it costs 200$ and it is not ups or fedex and guaranteed delivery time aso you get screwed by the seller

• Members

Some people just don't want to ship internationally, but will do so for a price. It's a big hassle, so $300 is the price at which he is willing to ship it. It shouldn't cost more than $100 to ship a guitar internationally, I wouldn't think. $40 seems a bit low, actually.

Archived