The Fender Light Ash Tele, wha' up?

Ronsonic B

• Members

I have one. With a little work, it's an excellent Tele. Foreign Fenders are close to excellent guitars these days. The last three I've bought have all needed fretwork. The Tele was the best of the three, but still needed a fret leveling. Once that's done, it's excellent. The pickups sound great. I can nail Roy Buchanan tone with it, and people that see it often think it's an expensive American guitar. I'd recommend it, just be aware that you may have to put a bit of work into it to get it perfect.

• Members

I was handed one in a music shop while I was demo'ing my Cornell amp. I put up with it for about five minutes, then asked the guy to get me another guitar that actually stayed in tune :mad:

I don't know whether it was a simple case of sticky nut, or whether it had recently been strung, or whether the tuners weren't up to scratch, but either way, I wasn't impressed.

• Members

I was handed one in a music shop while I was demo'ing my Cornell amp. I put up with it for about five minutes, then asked the guy to get me another guitar that actually stayed in tune
:mad:

I don't know whether it was a simple case of sticky nut, or whether it had recently been strung, or whether the tuners weren't up to scratch, but either way, I wasn't impressed.

Tuning on mine is rock solid. Probably wasn't strung right.

Archived