speaking of tonefactor... where was i when THIS was released???

wacopacco

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think he just put it up today.

Yet to debut are the Ultra Lord (we've heard clips tho), FuzzSaw (can't remember if we've heard clips), War Pig (clips over on his forum), and the adjusted Cream Pie Deluxe. And... well... :D We'll let Brad have his say.

• Members

I think he just put it up today.

Yet to debut are the Ultra Lord (we've heard clips tho), FuzzSaw (can't remember if we've heard clips), War Pig (clips over on his forum), and the adjusted Cream Pie Deluxe. And... well...
:D
We'll let Brad have his say.

I haven't heard of any of these, including the copperhead. The prices are very good though, and they seem like excellent pedals.

• Members

I like the two tone factor pedals I have (red K and Nebula). I have a Fish Factory which is this same concept but with tone knobs and a little more screamer based I believe. I wonder if this is super bright like the FF is or if it is manageable with both sides going?

• Members

I like the two tone factor pedals I have (red K and Nebula). I have a Fish Factory which is this same concept but with tone knobs and a little more screamer based I believe. I wonder if this is super bright like the FF is or if it is manageable with both sides going?

The Copperhead is a JFET circuit that isn't based on any existing pedal. Each channel works independently...they can be clean, gritty, or anywhere in between. The channels can also be cascaded, and there are a bunch of different tones available depending on how you set the knobs.

GRINGO

• Members

is the overdrive similar to the Mule?

Overall, its a different tonality. The Mule is a cmos based pedal, whereas the Copperhead is JFet. To put things into VERY simplified terms, the difference in sound is...

MULE = Tweed Fender style overdrive

Copperhead = Blackface Fender style OD

of course thats very simplified, but thats the best way I can think to describe it to someone who hasnt heard it.

Hope this helps,

GRINGO

• Members

How much gain is on tap. The FF has a fair amount of gain on each side but I only use it with the gains around 1:00 and the volumes there or higher. Does the Copperhead have a lot of boost? How bout a gold glitter version like the red sparkle nebulas?

The Copperhead has quite a bit of boost on tap. Clean Boost is on the 20-25dB range, with a bit more if you crank the "gain" knob up. If you can imagine this, the clean boost is somewhere, tonewise, in between a Fulltone Fat Boost and a Z Vex SHO. Not as bright as the SHO, not as fat as the FB...nice clean, (Geez I hate this word) "uncolored" sound. The gain knob, if cranked up, can color the sound a bit, but IMO, in a good way.

As for cascading the channels...

It doesnt do "high gain distortion" when cascaded, but definitely gets you into the "cranked Fender Deluxe / Twin" territory. It also depends on how you set it up. You can set the first stage low and clean, and the 2nd stage loud and dirty, and vice-versa...and those settings will sound different than one another. There are a lot of subtle "in between" tones...

GRINGO

• Members

thats cool. I allready got the tweed style od covered with the liquid sunshine, hmm maybe a Copperhead is in my future..... we'll see.

MUST SAVE MONEY
:cry:

Its a cool pedal, if I do say so myself. I'm quite proud of it...as well as VERY proud to have it be a Tonefactor Custom Shop pedal.

GRINGO

• Members

can you tell us someting about the other pedals? cause im considering pulling the trigger, but id like to get some info on the:

Ultra Lord
kinda like a fuzz factory mixed with a big muff mixed with a shin-ei fuzz...sorta...

Fuzzsaw
high gain "wall of sound" "synthlike" fuzz.

Warpig
super fat, tons of low end. clips can be heard in the Tonefactor forum

and the cream pie DLX
germanium booster / light overdrive...NOT a rangemaster...getting the tone controls on the production units debugged, but the prototype units sound amazing...pushes an amp VERY nicely.

GRINGO

Archived