Info Request on Phase 90

c2rex

• Members

I'd appreciate any info you can give on the Phase 90 pedal (clones as well). I've seen there are vintage models, Script logo, the Dunlop version, and the EVH model. Anyone aware of any site with sound samples showing the differences in these models?

And what is your opinion; Are the vintage models better enough to warrant the additional cost? Are the modded pedals worthwhile? Which mods recommended? Better off with a clone? Or just get the EVH?

Trying to find out where to start here. I'd like to be able to hear several, but obviously some of the modded pedals would'nt be available to try 1st.

Thanks.

• Members

I have th regular phase 90 and I love it. I havent tried de EVH one but Im prestty sure that its good also, i dont want those graphics on my board though so ill stick with the orange one. Ive read the scrip reissue is awsome also. Get the regular phase 90, you wont be disaapounted.

• Members
I had the EVH Phase 90, and I loved the sound with the Script button on, but the bypass sucked big time. I just got a BYOC Script Phase 90 clone, and it's amazing. I'd recommend that over any reissue, and if you can tell the difference between that and an actual Script Logo 90, you have better ears than me.

I'd need a prebuilt pedal. I'd burn off all my thumbs trying to do it myself.:thu:

Archived