Tape echo score !!! Dynacord Eminent 100

woodsmandan

• Members

The layout of the DIN pins seem to be indicated on the back !...Anyone can help me decode this ? I don't speak electronics...

papyhiver07009.jpg

I will check one of my cables this evening

the Echocord is missing the rubber wheel

I suggest you try to hook up an amp and guitar and see if it sound goes through, use a clean amp setting, low volume and you can use the volume on the Echocord as gain, it really is a fantastic dirt machine

if you power it up, does the magic eye flash once ?

(if so, that is a good sign)

• Members

Ah yes...tubes are a nice plus. I would say no matter what don't do anything that would make it so you can't put the Eminent back together as it is now. I guarantee you in working order that thing is worth plenty more than $100.

I didn't have time tu buy fuses for the Eminent yesterday, so I don't know if it works. I'll ty to get some today and get it to work if I can...I certainly don't want to harm it other than maybe take it's rubber wheel and the nylon wheel to try the Echocord...maybe if I'm lucky I can find some wheels in an old record player or something...

• Members

I will check one of my cables this evening

the Echocord is missing the rubber wheel

I suggest you try to hook up an amp and guitar and see if it sound goes through, use a clean amp setting, low volume and you can use the volume on the Echocord as gain, it really is a fantastic dirt machine

if you power it up, does the magic eye flash once ?

(if so, that is a good sign)

Well, I plugged it once when I bought it, I didn't notice if the eye flashed, but part of it lit up, both ends of the rectangle were lit up while it's center stayed off...what is that thing doing normally anyway ? Flashing with the delay's rate ?

• Members

Well, I plugged it once when I bought it, I didn't notice if the eye flashed, but part of it lit up, both ends of the rectangle were lit up while it's center stayed off...what is that thing doing normally anyway ? Flashing with the delay's rate ?

as you describe it, the magic eye does what it's supposed to do, normally, both ends kind of light up and move towards the middle to indicate you're going over the top, not flashin g with delay rate but with the gain

and the right knob is a push pull knob, I always forget which does what, but in one position, you only hear the delay or reverb on the tape and your dry signal is muted.

• Members

as you describe it, the magic eye does what it's supposed to do, normally, both ends kind of light up and move towards the middle to indicate you're going over the top, not flashin g with delay rate but with the gain

and the right knob is a push pull knob, I always forget which does what, but in one position, you only hear the delay or reverb on the tape and your dry signal is muted.

So far so good then :thu: ...I first tought that the magic eye was somewhat broken because it didn't light up completely...

Thanks for all the inputs Bieke, I really appreciate that you take the time to help me figure this thing out :thu:

• Members

sorry for the {censored}ty pics

so on the 1/4 plug the insulated cable is soldered to a lug on the plug, and the other is soldered onto the long bit

the DIN jack has the insulated cable on the left pin, the other cable on the top pin

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I finally found a way to make me some DIN adaptor cables... standard MIDI cables fits right in those german DIN sockets...

I was then able to try out the old Echocord...everything works fine, the signal go trough, the motor runs, except the tape (I took the tape, the rubber wheel and a nylon wheel from the Eminent 100) gets stuck and keeps on slowing down, probably caused by the dirty parts...a good cleaning should solve that...

And about the Eminent 100 PA...I tried everything to make it work, but no luck...so I took it back to the pawn shop...they asked me if I could use it for spare parts. I said sure, but not at that price. I walked away with it for 20$ !!! So now I have plenty of spare parts for the old Echocord :thu:

• Members
I finally found a way to make me some DIN adaptor cables... standard MIDI cables fits right in those german DIN sockets...

I was then able to try out the old Echocord...everything works fine, the signal go trough, the motor runs, except the tape (I took the tape, the rubber wheel and a nylon wheel from the Eminent 100) gets stuck and keeps on slowing down, probably caused by the dirty parts...a good cleaning should solve that...

And about the Eminent 100 PA...I tried everything to make it work, but no luck...so I took it back to the pawn shop...they asked me if I could use it for spare parts. I said sure, but not at that price. I walked away with it for 20$ !!! So now I have plenty of spare parts for the old Echocord
:thu:

Holy crap! Nice!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

hey!

i have an echocord exacly the same as yours since a few days...

it works, and i'm trying to use it as a preamp (not as an echo!)

did you tested it??

how would you judge the audio quality of this unit??

i have a presonus tube pre... do you think dynacord is better than presonus??

Archived